Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* For Sale: an established mom and pops turn
key business, Hwy. 20 frontage
* Looking to buy: a dresser. Call (402) 382-8020.
* Help Wanted: A part
time, possibly full time cook aide position
* Plains Equipment Group is accepting applications for agricultural technicians in Ainsworth. The technicians perform basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment. Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment is required. Applications may be completed online at www.plainseg.com. Plains Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer.
* Help Wanted:
Schumacher Brothers Fencing is looking to
fill full time and
* Help Wanted: Buckley
Steel, Inc. of Ainsworth is now hiring with
* Help Wanted: Ainsworth Electric is seeking a full-time electrician. Candidates need to have a clean driving record and must be willing to work weekends. An electrician's license is a plus but Ainsworth Electric is willing to train the right candidate. Quarterly bonuses are paid based on production. Stop by the Ainsworth Electric office on Highway 20 to pick up an application and call 402-387-1071 for more information on the position.
* Help Wanted: Due to
the upcoming expansion and high production
* Help Wanted: the
Rodeway Inn of Ainsworth currently has a
* Brown County is taking applications for a full time position in the Road Department. The main job description consists of grading and maintaining roads and other road department duties. Required qualifications will be to have, or obtain a Class A CDL driver's license, be willing to work overtime as needed and have a good working relationship with others. Experience operating a motor grader is helpful but would be willing to train the right employee. Work days typically will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Starting wage is $12.88 per hour or based on experience. Retirement and insurance benefits are included. Applications and a complete list of job descriptions are available at the Brown County Clerk's office: 148 W. 4th St., Ainsworth, NE 69210. Phone 402-387-2705. Applications will be accepted from now through July 31, 2015 at 5 p.m.
* Long Pine Feed Service is looking for a full time feed store employee. Must have CDL or be willing to obtain. Good customer relations is a must! Will be working in store, mixing and delivering feed, etc. This is not a seasonal position. This is full time, year round. Stop in at Long Pine Feed Service and pick up your application or call Dan Dailey 402-273-4482 or cell phone 402-376-6071.
* A-1 Auto
Care and Repair has a full time position
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Garage Sale: all week, July 27-31, a mile and a quarter east of Ainsworth on Hwy. 20. Road will be marked. Open 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. Mon, Tue., Wed, Fri, and Sat. Not open on Thursday or Sunday this week. Couch, really old pipe treader, new fishing equipment, all kinds of antiques, guns and ammo, household items, DVD, CD and cassettes, new and used clothes, furniture, party items, knick knacks. New items coming in all the time. Come and take a look.
* Don't miss the Vintage Machinery Auction. The Ed Varilek Estate and Mildred Varilek Sale is coming up this Saturday, Aug. 1. Sale location is 1 mile east of Stuart on Highway 20 and 11 miles north on the county blacktop, 465 avenue. Complete household to sell at 10 a.m. followed by shop tools and machinery at 11 a.m. Make plans now to spend this Saturday at the Fox Farm. To see the sale bill and pictures, go on line to www.atkinsonlivestock.com, then scan down to Tasler Auction Service.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* To give away: an 8' overhead fiberglass garage door, complete with hardware. In great shape. Call (402) 387-1918.
* There is a Sanctioned Horseshoe Tournament this
Sunday, August 2 at the Ainsworth Horseshoe pits. The tournament is a
qualifying tournament for state and is open to the public. Registration
will be at 12:30 p.m. Pitching starts at 1 p.m.
* The public is invited to attend the Brown County 4-H exhibit display from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 3, in the Ainsworth Elks Lodge. A beef sandwich and hot dog lunch will be served from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. and a Windsor loin dinner will be served from 5 until 7 p.m. with brownies and ice cream for dessert. A freewill donation will be taken for the meals. The 4-H youth invite the public to view their 4-H projects for the year.
* With the recent closing of the Ainsworth Care Center, the staff at the Ainsworth Senior Center has come up with an idea of using their bus "Sandhills Rides" to go on a route and then circle back for those who are going to visit their loved ones who have been moved to the Bassett, Stuart and Atkinson facilities. Depending upon interest there is a chance that the bus could go on this route once or even twice a week. They are going to make it extremely affordable as they are looking at a cost of just $5 per person. Saving you money on gas, vehicle wear and tear as well as saving you from having to travel those miles alone. This is yet another way the Ainsworth Senior Center is trying to reach out to all those in the area - not just seniors - to take advantage of their services. If you are interested please call Heather Stec at the Ainsworth Senior Center, phone (402) 387-0777.
* Bassett Assembly of God would like to invite all
kids in North Central
* The Ainsworth Golf Course serves rib-eye and New York strip steaks from 6 until 8 p.m. each Friday. You don't have to be a golfer and everyone is welcome. They also have burger nights each Tuesday. Ainsworth Golf Course Clubhouse is located 6 miles west of Ainsworth on the north side of Highway 20.
* Woods Garden Produce Market will be open Tuesdays and Saturdays from 5 until 7 p.m. 1/2 mile south of Ainsworth on Hwy 7.
* Dane and Kelsey Dailey of Long Pine are the parents of a baby boy, Duke Daniel Dailey, born at 1 a.m. Tuesday, July 28. Duke weighed in at 7 pounds, 14 ounces, and measured 20-1/2 inches in length. Grandparents are Dan and Jo Dailey of Long Pine, and Kelly and Deb Konken of Hartington.
* Get Well card shower for Jim Adkisson. His address is: Kearney Good Samaritan Hospital, Jim Adkisson Room 3430, PO Box 1990, Kearney, NE 68848-1990.
* Address for T.J. Sell, a Rock County High School graduate and has been deployed overseas. (Updated July 20, 2015)
SPC Sell, Tyrel J
* Address for Austin Beard. Austin, a 2014 Rock County High School graduate, is in the Navy and is currently stationed in Bahrain. (Updated May 14, 2015)
* Address for Jared Lentz, Jared is in the Air Force and stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo. Jared is a 2012 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (Updated March 8, 2015).
SrA Jared T. Lentz
1205 Vest Drive, Unit A
Warrensburg, MO 64093
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. (United States Marine Corps stationed at Okinawa until May 2016). Updated Dec. 12, 2014.
LCpl Goodloe, Aaron
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated - November 6, 2014).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. (Army) (Updated November 6, 2014.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Dr.
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (Updated November 6, 2014)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, Drake is in the Air Force. (updated-November 6, 2014).
SrA Drake Fiala
116 Abigail Lane
Panama City, FL 32404
* Updated address for Justin Imm, Justin is in the Navy. (Address updated November 6, 2014).
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO / AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated - March 23, 2015)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Contact Alan through his family.
* Updated address for Patrick Anderson, (Army) - (updated, November 6 2014). Patrick is Stationed in at Fort Hood, TX.
P.O. Box 405
Killeen, TX 76540