Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:35 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
The KBRB 14/92 Coupon winner Friday, October 10, Gene Day of Long Pine. Where do you want to spend your $14.92? Congratulations and thanks for calling Classifieds.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* A piano. Perfect for lessons. Call (402) 760-2123 and make an offer.
* Two lawn mowers: one is a 14 horsepower, 42" Craftsman riding mower, two years old, asking $425. The other is an Allis Chalmers utility tractor, 8 horsepower, 3 speed, asking $300. Call Gene at (402) 722-4480.
HOME FOR SALE:
ACREAGE FOR SALE IN LONG PINE: House with full basement, two bedrooms and one bathroom, the basement could be made into an additional three bedrooms. The home includes 3 acres with pasture, horse shelter and barn, corral, large shop, underground sprinkler system, own well, homemade 24x24x8-1/2 pond with a rubber liner and is stocked with catfish and bass. The home is located on the edge of town so you can have livestock. Only serious inquires please. Call 660-723-5909 or 660-723-5910 and leave a message if no answer.
* Kenny Svatos of Lynch wants to lease fall or spring calving cows. Call Kenny at (402) 569-2624.
* Looking for a swing set in good condition or something that can be fixed. Call (402) 387-0708.
* A position in available now as an assistant clerk assessor in the County Assessor's office. Applications may be picked up and filled out or resumes may be turned in at the Assessor's Office b November 7.
* Sandhill Equipment of Bassett is looking for a full-time iron fabricator to help build bale feeders. The job description includes the cutting, drilling and welding during the winter and working on hay equipment during the summer months. Anyone interested in the position may contact Dennis for more information or Kasey for an application at Sandhill Equipment, 684-2331.
* Cottonwood Villa of Ainsworth currently has a few positions available. One is a full time Medication Aide position, training provided on site. Also, full time or part time Bath Aide position available. For more information or to apply stop in and visit with Ann Fiala or call 387-1000.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Moving Sale: Everything must go! Sale is this Friday from 2-7 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 153 N. Maple in Ainsworth. Tons of stuff for sale: garage items, household, antiques, clothes, bedding, camping items, patio sets.
* Brett Heath Auction Service of Colome, S.D., will conduct the household and vehicle sale for the John Slouka estate at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at the residence 3 miles east of Winner, S.D., on Highway 18. Look for the sale signs. To view the full listing and photos, go online to www.brettheathauction.com.
* Annual Hometown Holiday Fair is Saturday, Oct. 25, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Keya Paha County High School and Grade School. No admission. Free event. Over 40 local and independent vendors as well as some fundraisers and concessions, too.
* Saturday, November 1: Connot Brothers Auction of Valentine will conduct the David Van Winkle estate ranch auction at 10:30 a.m. MDT at the ranch 4 miles south of Nenzel, then 2 miles east and 1-1/2 miles south. The auction offers a long list of tractors, pickups, hay equipment, shop, garden, household items and antiques, as well as 250 millet bales. See the complete listing online at www.connotbrothersauction.com.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Five grocery sacks of shipping peanuts. Call (402) 387-0309.
* A 30" x 34" storm window. Glass only, no frame. Call (402) 387-2160.
* Sandhills Shooting will offer a Nebraska Concealed Carry training course at Brewster this Sunday, Oct. 26, from 1 until 7 p.m. The class will be held in the Legion Club with a range exercise to follow. Cost of the course is $125. Contact Dale Davis, Nebraska Concealed Carry instructor, at (402) 760-1472 for more information.
* Rodney Luther is looking for someone going to Grand Island. Needs something picked up. Call (402) 760-1288.
* GJW/Meuret Grain is buying or will store corn. Please call John, Matt or Tate toll free at 1-866-665-5764 or 866-417-7915. You can also visit with Angie by stopping in at GJW on Main Street in Ainsworth for bids and for more information or call Angie 382-3333 or cell 760-2520. GJW/Meuret Grain, located just south of Ainsworth will buy or will store corn.
* Darin and Layne Priest of Newport are the parents of a baby girl, Alyvia Delphine Priest, born at 5:57 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21, in the Avera St. Anthony's Hospital at O'Neill. Alyvia checked in at 8 pounds, 12.75 ounces and measured 20 inches in length. Grandparents are Marve and Pam Schmitz of Johnstown, and Dave and Julie Priest of Long Pine. Great-grandparents are Ken and Jeanne Smith of rural Ainsworth, Gary and Barb Assarsson of Long Pine, Jerry and Betty Priest of Ainsworth, and Francis Schmitz of College Station, Texas.
* Chris and Jenny Lammers of Ainsworth are the parents of a baby boy, Easton John Lammers, born Sunday, Oct. 19, in the Cherry County Hospital at Valentine. Easton checked in at 8 pounds, 15 ounces and measured 21-1/4 inches in length. Grandparents are Lee and Lois Lammers of Hartington, and Mark and Joanne Claussen of Norfolk.
* An 80th birthday card shower has been requested for Wanda Daniels, who will celebrate her 80th birthday on Tuesday, Oct. 28. Cards can reach Wanda at 42829 884th Road, Ainsworth, NE 69210.
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. Aaron is a United States Marine stationed at Okinawa, Japan. (Updated address June 27, 2014).
PFC Goodloe Aaron D.
HqBn3d Mar. Div.
Data Unit 35900
FPO AP 96382-5900
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated address - Nov. 12, 2013).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. An 2003 Ainsworth High School graduate. Brendon is in the Army. (Updated Nov. 12, 2013.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Drive
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is back stateside and is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (updated address-Oct. 11, 2013)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
* Address for Jared Lentz, a 2012 Ainsworth High School graduate. Jared is in the Air Force and currently stationed at a base in Italy. (November 14, 2013)
A1C Jared T. Lentz
PSC 103 BOX 954
APO AE 09603-0010
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-November 14, 2013). Drake is in the Air Force.
A1C Drake Fiala
821 Connecticut #80
Holloman AFB, NM 88330-9069
* Updated address for Justin Imm, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-October 21, 2013). Justin is in the Navy.
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated address-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated address - November 14, 2013)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Sgt. Alan Papstein
180 Indian Terrace
Burlington, IA 52601
* Updated address for Anderson, Patrick J. (Army) (November 14, 2013). Stationed in Afhganistan.