Weekday Mornings: 8:50 a.m. on KBRB AM
1400 and FM 92.7
phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on
Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three
for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items
listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on
this Web site at no extra charge.
* Help Wanted: Come join the caring and compassionate Nursing Team at the Brown County Hospital and make a difference in the lives of many! Full time night shift RN/LPN/CNA positions are available. Successful candidates must be dedicated to continuous quality improvement and inspired to always put patients first. Shifts include nights and rotating weekends and holidays. If interested, please contact Brandy Bussinger, DON or Lisa Fischer, HR Director by calling 387-2800, complete an on-line application at www.browncountyhospital.org or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Brown County Hospital, quality in community healthcare.
* Help Wanted: Brown County Hospital is seeking the right individual to fill a full time position as a specialty clinic nurse and admissions clerk/receptionist. The candidate will be responsible for scheduling and providing care to patients in the specialty clinic, surgery and outpatient settings. Will also perform admission/receptionist duties for patients presenting for treatment. Position requires excellent communication skills and must be flexible to meet patient and specialty physician’s needs. Must possess a current LPN license and have good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous experience as a clinic nurse is preferred. A comprehensive benefit package is included. If interested please contact Jayce Linse or Lisa Fischer by calling 387-2800. You can complete an on-line application at www.browncountyhospital.org or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Brown County Hospital, quality in community healthcare.
* The Ainsworth Board of Education
invites sealed bids for purchase of a 25’x60’ metal building
with approximately 10’ wall height. Building must be removed
immediately. Building can be seen on the east side of the
school in Ainsworth. Sealed bids should be received by
Tuesday, May 29 at 12 noon at the district office on 3rd
Street. Call 387-2333 if you have any questions.
* The Long Pine Heritage House is
selling Memorial Day Flowers. Small flowers for $1; Medium
flowers for $2 and Large flowers for $3. To place an
order for Memorial Flowers Call Wardene
at 273-4141 or Linda 760-0163 or Angie at 760-1813.
* The Bassett Housing Authority
provides affordable, safe housing to qualifying families
and individuals. They offer spacious family units as
well as 1 bedroom apartments all furnished with stove,
refrigerator, washer and dryer. Utilities paid, snow
removal, lawn care and maintenance included. Income
guidelines do apply. To be put on the list as units
become available or for more information call The
Bassett Housing Authority at 684-3329. Their party room
is available to the public for rent, very reasonable at
just $15. So if you need a convenient venue to hold a
meeting or a party call The Bassett Housing Authority to
reserve the date for their party room. Again that
number is 684-3329. Deb is in the office Tuesdays,
Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If no answer, please leave a
message and she will get back to you.
* KBRB will have office space
available for rent beginning July 1. For more
information or to set up a time to view the available
rental space, call 402-387-1400.
* Don’t Miss Terrific
Taco Tuesday – National History Day Fundraiser! This
Tuesday, May 22 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the
Connection on Main Street in Ainsworth.
Proceeds will help fund Savannah Holmes, Karli Kral,
Nathan Bryant, Taylor Allen, Airyan Goochey and
Katherine Kerrigan’s trip to the National Contest in
College Park, Maryland! So come , show your support!
Enjoy Terrific Taco Tuesday – have a great lunch by
free will donation, check out their awesome National
History Day projects that they will be taking with
them to represent Ainsworth Community School at the
National Contest in Maryland.
* National EMS Week is
May 20 through the 26. On a good day, you’ll never
see them. But on your worst day, they’ll be there,
at their best. They are the first responders.
Our life line. And during National EMS week, we get
to shine a light on them for a change! Come to the
free will donation pancake feed at the Ainsworth
Firehall Wednesday, May 23. They’ll be serving
from 5:30 until 7:30 p.m. Proceeds will go to
upgrading ambulance equipment. They need us on
Wednesday - because we might need them someday. The
Brown County Ambulance Association thanks you for
* If you’re ready to
celebrate summer…Keller Studios is ready for you!
Janelle and her students are proud to present their
2018 dance recital this Friday evening, May 25 at 6
p.m. at the Rock County High School. The show will
cover a variety of styles and ages – you’re sure to
enjoy this talented group of dancers showing off
what they’ve worked so hard on this year.
Donations for admission will be accepted at the door
– so NO TICKET needed. The public is invited and
urged to attend. Please come and show your support
and enjoy a great evening of dance this Friday
night, 6 p.m. at the Rock County High School Gym and
kick off your Memorial Day weekend right!
They’re heating up the carnival scene in 2018! It’s
the Ainsworth Volunteer Fire Departments Barbecue
Rib Cookoff aka “Ribfest” coming up Saturday, June
9. The event is open to any and all backyard
barbecue enthusiasts! Enter as a team or
individually. Just a $20 entry fee, 100% payback
PLUS this year for the 5th annual event, they’ve
added $500! All Ribs provided by GJW, llc. Check in
will be at 8 a.m., judging at 4:45 p.m . For more
information or to get entered call or text Brandon
Evans at 760-3985. The more entries, the better the
event. Ribs are provided free of charge by GJW, 100%
payback, $500 added and tons of fun - so what are
you waiting for? Get entered today!
* Aloha! Calling all
girls who love dancing! Attend the Tahitian Basics
dance workshop. The June 25-29 workshop is for girls
age 5 – 8 and 9 – 12. The July 16 – 20 workshop is
for girls age 13 – 18. All dancers in the Tahitian
basics will get a pareo to keep. We’re not done!
Also July 16 – 20 is a Poi Ball Basics workshop for
male and female age 12 and up, everyone will get a
pair of poi balls to keep. Workshops are $35.
Must register by June 1. To get registered or if
you have any questions, call Anna Graesser at
* Reconnect with your
classmates and share some of your AHS Memories. Get
your tickets today for the Ainsworth Alumni Banquet
– it will be here before we know it. The Banquet
will be held Saturday night, June 30 at 6:30 p.m. in
the Lila McAndrew Gymnasium, a delicious roast beef
dinner prepared by the Ainsworth Lion’s Club will be
served. Tickets are just $25 and are available at
KBRB Radio Station OR by sending a self addressed
stamped envelope with pmt. prior to June 22nd to the
Ainsworth Alumni Association, PO Box 144. Get
connected with your fellow bulldogs – don’t miss
this year’s Ainsworth Alumni Banquet.
* The Old Feed Store
Art Center at 104 Clark St. in Bassett is open
Monday evenings from 4 until 7 p.m.; Wednesdays from
10 a.m. until 2 p.m.; Friday evenings from 4 until 7
p.m.; and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until noon.
Make sure to keep watch on their Facebook page and
stay tuned for new and exciting happenings.
* Looking for local talent volunteers:
The Activities Department at the Sandhills Care Center is
looking for entertainment for Friday afternoons. This could
include but is not limited to one-man bands, groups that play
instruments, singers, piano players, etc. Any volunteers that
would be willing to provide entertainment to the residents. If
you or someone you know may be interested, please call Macey at
387-1294. As always – if you have a special talent, are a member
of an organization or would just like to spend some time
volunteering please contact Macey in activities to get something
LOST & FOUND:
* Found: cowboy ropes, on hwy.
south of Ainsworth last week. If they are yours call
Randy at 387-1002.
* Lost dog: 13 miles south of
Ainsworth. Male yorkie. Black and tan. No Collar. If
found please call 387-0350.
* Lost: a black plastic Xmark
riding lawn mower lid. (Lid for bagger). It was lost
somewhere along Hwy. 20 west of Ainsworth late last
Tuesday night. If anyone happened to find that please
call Angie VonHeeder at KBRB Radio, 387-1400 or call or
TO GIVE AWAY:
To give away: 3 kittens
and an adult cat. They are litterbox trainer.
Could be indoor or outdoor cats. Call 387-0350.
To give away: HP high capacity XL
printer cartridges. There are 3 – 564 XL Black; 1
red, 1 yellow and 1 blue. Use in many models of HP
Desk Jet, HP Office Jet and HP Photosmart. Call
* A card shower has been requested for
Jamie Spanel, who is home recovering after surgery to repair a
broken neck. Cards can reach Jamie at at 6805 S. 135th Ave.,
Omaha, NE 68137.
* Start your success today with Northeast Community College.
Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help.
Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College
has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and
your future. Visit