Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* For Sale: a 20 cubic foot Westinghouse Refrigerator with ice maker. Almond in color. Phone 402-387-0644.
* For Sale: a Brother Fax Machine/Copier. Works Well. $50. Call KBRB Radio, 402-387-1400.
* KBRB has office space available. Anyone interested in office space can contact Graig Kinzie at 387-1400. KBRB’s rental rates are extremely competitive, and all utilities are included.
* Help Wanted: The Rock County Hospital Long Term Care in Bassett has an immediate opening for a CNA. Competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package available. For more information on this position please call Brittany DeVall Heyden at 402-684-2991 or you can download the application online by going to www.rockcountyhospital.com, click on the HR tab. The Rock County Hospital, Clinic, Long Term Care and Pharmacy in Bassett, Nebraska. They continue to be a legacy of caring.
* Help Wanted: The Brown Co. Hospital in Ainsworth invites you to join their nursing team. Full or part time night shift RN or LPN-C positions available as well as Surgical RN and Specialty Clinic LPN. Successful candidate must be highly motivated and dedicated to continuous quality improvement. A comprehensive benefit package is offered for full time positions that includes group health and dental/vision insurance, employer sponsored retirement plan, group term life and long term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a generous personal leave time program. Night shift and weekend pat differentials also apply. If interested, contact Matt Lentz, RN, Director of Patient Services, or Lisa Fischer, HR Manager by calling 402-387-2800, complete an online application by going to www.browncountyhospital.org or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth, Quality in Community Healthcare.
* Help Wanted: Little Paws Preschool is looking for an individual to work as a co-teacher in Ainsworth. Starting wage for this position is $9.50 per hour. Benefits include: Health, dental, life and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, EAP, Cafeteria Section 125, retirement and 9 paid holidays. This individual will work 40 hours per week mid August to early May of each school year. Qualified individuals must possess: a high school diploma or equivalent; a valid Nebraska Driver's License; at least 12 semester hours of early childhood college course work or be willing to obtain, also must have a working phone. They prefer prior experience working with preschool age children. This individual will work in a classroom with children ages 3-5, complete daily planning, cleaning and paperwork will be required. If you need an application or assistance in applying, please contact CNCAP, Human Resource Department at 308-745-0780 ext. 105. Applications must be received by noon on December 7, 2016. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of applications.
* Help Wanted: The Rock County Hospital in Bassett is seeking qualified RNs and LPNs to come join their amazing nursing care team. They are now offering a $2,000 Hire-On bonus! Excellent health insurance benefits, retirement plan, paid holidays, paid birthday, paid sick and vacation, very competitive wages, student loan assistance and student tuition assistance available - and did I mention a $2,000 Hire-On bonus! There's no better time than now to join their premier medical care facility and take advantage of this bonus. For more information call 402-684-3366. Download the application online by going to www.rockountyhospital.com, click on the HR tab. The Rock County Hospital, Clinic, Long Term Care and Pharmacy in Bassett, Nebraska. They continue to be a legacy of caring.
* Help Wanted: Various openings are available at Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth. They are now accepting openings for the maintenance director, Charge LPN, Charge RN, CNAs, medication aides, cook, dietary aides, housekeepers and laundry aides. Interested individuals can contact Stephanie Rucker by calling 402-387-1294 or fill out an application online at www.sandhillscarecenter.com.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Turn your used equipment into cash. BigIron is now taking consignments for upcoming sales. Online auctions every Wednesday. Call Logan Leonard your area BigIron representative at 402-925-8184 to consign.
* Monthly Hay Consignment Sale this Friday, December 2 at 11 a.m. at the Tasler Auction Sale Lot. Consignments taken right up until sale time.
* Saturday, December 3 – Holt County Consignment Sale, 5 miles east of Stuart on Hwy. 20, then 5&1/2 miles North. Sale time is at 10 a.m. 2 rings will run so you’ll want to be on time. To see the sale bill go to www.atkinsonlivestock.com then scan down to Tasler Auction Service.
* T K Angus 29 Annual Bull Sale December 5 at Valentine Livestock. 265 Bulls to sell. Proceeds of 1 bull will be donated to Sandhills Area Foundation. To view bulls ahead of time call Tim at 402-967-3423.
* Absolute Auction – Boettcher Sandhills Ranch Absolute Auction will be held Thursday, Dec. 8, in the Atkinson Community Center. Sale time is 1:30 p.m. 2,656 acres – quality Aandhills range land. For more information visit www.lashleyland.com or call April Good at 402-322-0770.
* The Winter Sports schedules are IN at Buckles Automotive on Main Street in Ainsworth. Make sure to stop in to pick yours up!
* The Rock County FFA members are selling Fruit and also Amish Candy! They’re offering apple varieties, oranges, clementines, grapefruit, pears, pineapples and also have two variety options. NOW….the Amish candy – homemade candies direct from Hershberger Bakery – peanut cluster fudge, reeses, turtles, mints and much more! Gifts of fruit and candy are one size fits all so place your orders through any Rock Co. FFA member or by calling Ann Dvorak at 402-684-3411 or cell 402-925-8432. Please leave a message if no answer. Money from this fundraiser is used to send FFA members to leadership workshops, conventions and contests. The Rock Co. FFA thanks you for your continued support.
* Deer Hunters – get in on the Big Buck Contest sponsored by the Long Pine Rural Fire Department and you could win a Harmon Taxidermy shoulder mount! Register now through the end of regular firearm season. Tickets are just $20 and are available at various businesses in Bassett, Long Pine and Ainsworth or from any fireman. All deer must be checked in and scored by Bill Harmon from now until the end of regular firearm season to be completely registered for the contest. If you have any questions call the Fire Department at 402-273-4045. Good Luck Baggin’ the big one!
* The Sandhills Care Center is looking for volunteers and donations for their activities department. Volunteers are needed to play music, Women’s nails, lead a men’s group, play Bingo, play pitch, help with many other activities. Supplies needed include puzzles with large pieces, checkers, cards, adult coloring books, crayons, senior exercise DVD, DVD player. To volunteer or for more information, please contact Tina Rehkopf, Social Services, phone 402-387-1294 OR if you would like to donate any items, they can be dropped off at the Sandhills Care Center, 143 N. Fullerton in Ainsworth. They are also looking for a barber/beautician to come in on a weekly basis to do resident’s hair. Barber/beautician to set the rates.
* The city of Ainsworth is hosting a free tree limb and yard waste pickup from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 29. The city will remove, free of charge, all trees and tree branches, wood pallets, untreated lumber, unpainted lumber, grass clippings, leaves, yard waste, garden waste, flowers and bushes. Residents wanting to participate in the free pickup are asked to have items curbside by 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 29. Anyone with questions may contact the city office at 402-387-2494.
* The North Central District Health Department Board of Health will meet at 10:30 a.m. Friday, December 2 in the district office at 422 East Douglas Street in O'Neill. A current agenda and meeting minutes are available in the District Health Department's Office.
* Spread the magic, share the beauty and gift gorgeously! Don’t Miss JDeans Gallery Cyber Sales! Make sure to check it out on Facebook Tuesday thru Saturday from noon until 5 p.m. You can look forward to bulk/set sales and bidding sales too! If you don’t have Facebook don’t worry! Just come in – the sales apply in store too at JDeans Gallery, West Hwy. 20, Ainsworth, open Tuesday thru Saturday noon until 5 p.m.. Conquer the holidays in prime style, don’t miss JDeans Cyber Sales.
* KEYS CANNING AND CRAFTS:"Christmas in a Small Town" is fast approaching! Mark this Saturday, Dec. 3 on your calendar and plan to stop in Dunning, NE at the Dunning Community Building anytime from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. CT. FREE admission. Blaine County 4-H lunch stand available. Variety of Vendors. I'm up to over 60 jams and jellies including Christmas Jam (Strawberry and Cranberry), Elderberry, Chokecherry, a dozen Jalapeno varieties, Mountain Dew Jelly, Apple Cider, and low sugar/ no sugar varieties (see attached list); denim hotpads; and sleeveless kimonos. Let me know if you have specific items you want so I can bring plenty. Some people just get their shopping done in one stop! Hope to see you this Saturday, Dec. 3 at Dunning!!
* Santa’s Little Helpers Craft and Vendor Fair will be held this Saturday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sunday from noon until 3 p.m. at the Connection on Main Street in Ainsworth.
* Church of the Nazarene Teens Annual Soup Supper Fundraiser will be held this Sunday from 5 – 6:30 in the Nazarene Church Fellowship Hall. So come and enjoy a hot bowl of soup before attending the Community Christmas Pageant. The Soup Supper is by free will donation – proceeds are for teen camp. Please bring canned food items for Christmas food baskets. Everyone is welcome to attend.
* The Ainsworth FFA Invites you to come to a potato bake fundraiser this Friday evening at the Ainsworth Community Schools cafeteria. They will be serving the potato bake supper from 5 until7:30 p.m. Just $5 a trip so come enjoy a hot potato with all your favorite toppings for supper and cheer on the bulldog basketball teams. That’s the FFA Potato Bake Fundraiser Supper this Friday evening from 5 until 7:30 p.m. at the Ainsworth School Cafeteria.
* Winterfest Craft and Gift Show will be held this Saturday, December 3 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Cherry County Fairgrounds in Valentine. There will be a bake sale fundraiser for the Valentine PEO, PTA Book Fair and Many Great Vendors. Don’t Miss it!
* The Brown County Historical Society is getting ready for their annual Christmas Open House and Gingerbread/Ornament contest. It's coming up on Sunday, December 4 from 1 until 4 p.m. at the Coleman House Museum, 1 block north of Hwy. 20 on Old Hwy. 7. Entries will be taken Friday, December 2 from 3 until 5 p.m. and Saturday, December 3 from 10 a.m. until noon. So get those projects started and mark your calendars. Come see all the amazing creations on Sunday, December 4 at the Colemen House Museum. If you have questions or need more information, please call Judy Walters at 402-387-0553 or Carol Larson at 402-387-2061.
LOST & FOUND:
* Found: a white cat with grey and yellow spots. Very friendly. Found on Main Street in Bassett. Call 402-684-3698.
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Matt and Trish Morrison of Bassett are the parents of a daughter, Britley Lynn Morrison, born Nov. 23 in the Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital at O’Neill. Britley weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces. Grandparents are Daniel and Debbie Morrison of Bassett, and Larry and Cathy Doke of Ainsworth. Great-grandparents are Duane and Patty Swanson of Bassett, Mariel Fegley of Bassett, Fred and Marilyn Morrison of O’Neill, and Jane and Ernie VanHorn of Newport.
* Jeremy and Sarah Jones of Bennett are the parents of a baby girl, Monroe Catherine Jones, born at 4:05 a.m. Monday, Nov. 21, in Bryan LGH Hospital at Lincoln. Monroe Catherine checked in at 7 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 19-1/2 inches in length. Grandparents are Tom and Pat Jones of Ainsworth.
* Darin and Layne Priest are the parents of a baby girl, Wrenley Layne Priest, born Tuesday, Nov. 15, in the Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital at O’Neill. Wrenley checked in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces and measured 20-1/2 inches in length. She will be welcomed home by big sister Alyvia. Grandparents are Marv and Pam Schmitz, and Dave and Julie Priest. Great-grandparents are Ken and Jeanne Smith, Barb Assarsson, Jerry and Betty Priest, and Francis Schmitz.
* Kale and Kayla Burdick of Lincoln are the parents of a baby boy, Pierce James Burdick, born Wednesday, Nov. 2. Pierce weighed in at 8.1 pounds and measured 21 inches in length. Grandparents are Benny and Jami Burdick of Johnstown, and Harlan and Rosanne Tryon of Gothenburg.
your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your
academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the
great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that
fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Classes like (pick
a class from list)
October Non-Credit Courses
HOW TO EFFECTIVELY USE FACEBOOK. Come and learn what you don’t know about the world’s largest social media network. In this workshop we will cover how to use and maintain a Facebook page, including understanding Facebook privacy policies and settings. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop or mobile device and have your Facebook account created before class and know your login information. Tues., 5:30-6:30 pm at ESU #17. Instr. Beel $10
October 11 (INFO5155/16F) CRN#60476
HOW TO USE GMAIL AND GOOGLE CALENDAR. This hands-on workshop will allow you to become more acquainted with Google Mail and Google Calendars. You will have the opportunity to explore and apply mail labels, and explore additional mail settings; create and share calendars, create calendar events, and add fun calendars. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop and have your Google account created before class and know your login information. Tues., 5:30-6:30 pm at ESU #17. Instr. Beel $10
October 18 (INFO5215/16F) CRN#60478
QUICKBOOKS I. This course is an introduction to Quickbooks. Its main objectives are to introduce you to the basic features in QuickBooks and to give you an opportunity for hands-on practice. You’ll learn about the types of information you need to track in your business or on the job, and you’ll see how to enter that information and track it in QuickBooks. Wed., 6-9 pm at Rock County High School Computer Lab. Inst. Foster $30
October 19 (/ACCT5100/16F) CRN#60492
INTRODUCTION TO GOOGLE APPS. This hands-on workshop will allow you to become more acquainted with Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets and Google Forms. We will explore as deep into these apps as time allows. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop and have your Google account created before class and know your login information. Tues., 5:30-6:30 pm at ESU #17. Inst. Beel $10
October 25 (INFO5215/16F) CRN#60479
QUICKBOOKS II. Discussion will include dealing with inventory, collecting and paying sales tax, payroll, customization of forms, and year-end documents. This class is recommended for students with a basic understanding of Quickbooks, and/or those who have attended Quickbooks I. Wed., 6-9 pm at Rock County High School Computer Lab. Inst. Foster $30.
October 26 (ACCT5300/16F) CRN #60493
ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY. Here's the opportunity to enjoy the art of photography. Learn how to use your camera to produce a work of art using some of the artistic principles used by the old masters. Move beyond snapshots and become a serious photographer with instructor Tom Prouty. Bring your camera, know all its features and use your camera like an artist uses his paintbrush. Mon., 6:30-9:30 pm at Keya Paha County High School Computer Lab. Instr. Prouty $30
October 17 (ARTS5105/16F) CRN#60384