Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:35 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
The KBRB 14/92 Coupon winner Friday, September 19, Tim Shaw of Bassett. Where do you want to spend your $14.92? Congratulations and thanks for calling Classifieds.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
HOME FOR SALE:
ACREAGE FOR SALE IN LONG PINE: House with full basement, two bedrooms and one bathroom, the basement could be made into an additional three bedrooms. The home includes 3 acres with pasture, horse shelter and barn, corral, large shop, underground sprinkler system, own well, homemade 24x24x8-1/2 pond with a rubber liner and is stocked with catfish and bass. The home is located on the edge of town so you can have livestock. Only serious inquires please. Call 402-382-8508.
* A small house (one bedroom, kitchen and living room) in Ainsworth just south of Ainsworth Motors. Call (402) 722-4480.
* House for Sale: This property is located at 597 N. Oak Street in Long Pine. Property sits on a corner, with three lots. The house is a three bedroom, one bath, with a full basement. House is 1,366 square feet. This property also includes two outbuildings. Serious inquires only. Please call (402) 760-0991 or (402) 273-3663.
* Two, four or six Rodeo tickets in Omaha for this weekend Friday, September 26 or Saturday, September 27. Would be interested in tickets for both nights. Call (402) 760-1392.
* Looking For: Junk or unwanted rider mowers. Call (402) 722-4480.
* Looking For: Good used refrigerator. Call Angie VonHeeder and leave a message at (402) 387-0245.
* Housekeeper needed for once a week basic cleaning. Please contact Teresa at home (402) 387-2681 or her cell at (402) 382-0022. Call we will discuss the details.
* Educational Service Unit 17 is accepting applications for a fulltime IT coordinator. Responsibilities include maintenance of IT hardware and software, and IT training for educators in area schools and the ESU staff. A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience, is preferred. A letter of application, resume, and credentials may be submitted online at the ESU 17 web site at www.esu17.org. Applications are due by Oct. 6.
* The Farmers-Ranchers Cooperative Mr. Tire has a full-time position available. This is a great opportunity, and the position comes with benefits. Job duties include general shop help, backup tire truck operator, service repairs, light mechanical duties, and working with customers. The job requires great customer service skills, being mobile, and having the ability to adapt. If you enjoy variety in your work, and working with people, this is a great job for you. Stop by any Farmers-Ranchers Cooperative location to fill out an application or complete an application online at www.frcoop.com. Call Dennis McBride at 402-760-1308 for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Farmers Ranchers Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
* The Ainsworth United Methodist Church is accepting applications for a nursery supervisor during the 11 a.m. Sunday worship. Applications are available in the church office, and need to be returned by Sept. 26. The position begins during the first Sunday in October.
* Cottonwood Villa of Ainsworth currently has a full time and part time Bath Aide position available. Day shift. For more information or to apply stop in and visit with Ann Fiala or call her at (402) 387-1000.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Silent Auction will be held during the Johnstown United Methodist Fall Supper on Wednesday, September 24 at the Brown County Community Hall in Johnstown. Bidding will close at 7 p.m. They will be serving supper by free will donation from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
* Consignment Sale on October 18: Mervin from Heartland Auction is taking consignments up until sale time on October 18 for household, antiques, and farm/ranch equipment. Call 402-760-0759.
* Farmers National Company is holding a Land Auction on Thursday, Sept. 25, beginning at 1:30 p.m. in the Naper Café. Cropland/Pasture/Hunting – 600 acres offered in four tracts for bidding. For details go to www.farmersnational.com or call (402) 336-3500.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Brown County Fair premium checks are at Buckles Auto. Stop by and pick up from Dave.
* The Does are still looking for card players for the 2014-2015 card club year: (Pitch, Cribbage and May I). Pitch is to start on Monday, October 6; Cribbage and May I will start on Wednesday, October 8. To sign up, please call Audrey Wilson at (402) 387-2181 or (402) 760-0385 before October 1. You don’t have to have a partner, just call Audrey and she will get you matched up.
* Bassett/Rock County Tire Amnesty Days on Thursday, Sept. 25, and Friday, Sept. 26, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. City lots at the corner of Highway 20 and Wilson Street. Only pre-registered tires will be accepted at the site. Register your tires at City Hall with Veta, (402) 684-3338. Only taking the first 200 ton. Accepted: Tires from households, farms, ranches and non-tire retail businesses. Must be a Rock County resident.
* Patricia and Norman Kurpjeweit will celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary on Sept. 22. An open house will be held from 2 until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 23, in the Golden Living Center at O'Neill. Cards can reach the Kurpjeweits at the Golden Living Center, 1102 W. Harrison, O'Neill, NE 68763.
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. Aaron is a United States Marine stationed at Okinawa, Japan. (Updated address June 27, 2014).
PFC Goodloe Aaron D.
HqBn3d Mar. Div.
Data Unit 35900
FPO AP 96382-5900
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated address - Nov. 12, 2013).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. An 2003 Ainsworth High School graduate. Brendon is in the Army. (Updated Nov. 12, 2013.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Drive
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is back stateside and is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (updated address-Oct. 11, 2013)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
* Address for Jared Lentz, a 2012 Ainsworth High School graduate. Jared is in the Air Force and currently stationed at a base in Italy. (November 14, 2013)
A1C Jared T. Lentz
PSC 103 BOX 954
APO AE 09603-0010
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-November 14, 2013). Drake is in the Air Force.
A1C Drake Fiala
821 Connecticut #80
Holloman AFB, NM 88330-9069
* Updated address for Justin Imm, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-October 21, 2013). Justin is in the Navy.
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Logan Baragar: (updated address: November 14, 2013)
SPC Baragar, Logan
10334 4th Armored Division Rd.
1-71 Cav. Bravo Troop
Fort Drum, NY 13602-5150
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated address-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Mitch Cobb (Army): July 23, 2010
Private Mitch Cobb
APO, AE 09226
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated address - November 14, 2013)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Sgt. Alan Papstein
180 Indian Terrace
Burlington, IA 52601
* Updated address for Anderson, Patrick J. (Army) (November 14, 2013). Stationed in Afhganistan.