Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:35 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
The KBRB 14/92 Coupon winner Friday, August 29, Brian Williams, Ainsworth. Where do you want to spend your $14.92?Congratulations and thanks for calling Classifieds.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* Two Husker football tickets vs. Florida Atlantic this Saturday, August 30. Call (308) 440-0076.
* Nice boy’s clothes, sizes 8 to 12, call (402) 760-1194.
* Husker football tickets vs. Florida Atlantic this Saturday, Aug. 30. Please call (402) 760-1296.
* Husker football tickets for this Saturday, August 30, south stadium, sect. 15, row 65. Asking $65 a piece or best offer. Call (402) 497-3631 or (402) 760-0339.
* Two pairs of Husker football tickets vs. McNeese State on Saturday, Sept. 6. Asking $50 a piece. They also have a parking pass. Call (402) 760-0685.
* A 94 Olds Cutlass Supreme, 4-door, color: white, asking $1500. Vehicle is located at 127 S. Merten in Ainsworth. Call (402) 382-0531, please leave a message.
* Two tickets to this Saturday-Husker football game against Florida Atlantic. Call (402) 684-3935.
* A hide-a-bed couch, color-brownish, asking $45, (the couch comes from smoke free and pet free home). Call (402) 925-2734, please leave a message.
* Pheasants (yellow golden/red golden/silvers/green mutant) all for sale make a decent offer; also for sale a five-year old washer and dryer, like new. Call (402) 382-8508.
* A 1998 Nu-Way 5th wheel Camper with two axles, 27 foot long, one slide out and self-contained. Asking $8000 or best offer. Call (402) 684-3711 or (402) 684-2791.
HOME FOR SALE:
ACREAGE FOR SALE IN LONG PINE: House with full basement, two bedrooms and one bathroom, the basement could be made into an additional three bedrooms. The home includes 3 acres with pasture, horse shelter and barn, corral, large shop, underground sprinkler system, own well, homemade 24x24x8-1/2 pond with a rubber liner and is stocked with catfish and bass. The home is located on the edge of town so you can have livestock. Only serious inquires please. Call 402-382-8508.
* Wanted: Young laying hens. Call (402) 760-0865.
* Barnyard Bantie Chickens, call (402) 387-1049, please leave a message.
* A full size mattress and box springs; older cowboy boots to use for craft projects; smaller size mailboxes for craft projects and license plates for craft project. Call (402) 925-2734, please leave a message.
* Firewood, substantial amount. Call Greg at (402) 760-1957.
* Madison’s Great Western is looking for additional office help. Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft spreadsheets is a plus. Apply in person at the Madison’s Great Western Office, 1 ¼ miles west of Ainsworth – directly south of Farmers Ranchers Co-op or resumes can be mailed to Madison’s Great Western, P.O. Box 166, Ainsworth, NE 69210.
* The Ainsworth Housing Agency is looking to hire a maintenance person; this job will be providing maintenance as needed in the apartments and on the grounds of Park Homes. Applicants must be able to pass a background check. This job will be approximately 30 – 50 hours per month, depending on the abilities of the applicant; job will begin September 15 or sooner if you would like to shadow the current maintenance person. For more information and a detailed description of the duties, or to pick up an application, please contact Kathy at the Ainsworth Housing Agency, 524 East 4th Street in Ainsworth or call (402) 387-2550. Applications will be taken through September 5, 2014, or until position is filled.
* The Golden Steer is currently hiring full time front of the house servers. Must be willing to work swing shifts and weekends. Experience in restaurant serving is preferred, but will train the right person. Please stop by in person, speak with Steven or Carolyn, no phone calls please.
* Cottonwood Villa of Ainsworth currently has a full time Medication Aide position available. Day shift. Training provided on site! For more information or to apply stop in and visit with Ann Fiala or call her at (402) 387-1000.
* The Ainsworth Care Center is seeking caring, dedicated and professional Certified Nurses Aides (CNA ) that enjoy making a difference in the lives of seniors. Perform direct resident care duties under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel. Must be a Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) in good standing with the state. Must be willing to assist others, including co-workers. Must maintain regular and punctual attendance. Work for a facility that truly appreciates all you do. Full and Part Time positions available. Hiring subject to proof of certification, successful background check, reference inquiry and drug screen. Qualified and interested candidates may contact Amanda Tucker at email@example.com or pick up an application at 143 North Fullerton Street, Ainsworth, NE 69210. Ainsworth Care Center is an equal opportunity employer.
* Ainsworth Care Center is seeking caring, dedicated and professional Charge Nurses (RN and/or LPN) that enjoy making a difference in the lives of seniors. Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in residents conditions; order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess resident conditions; provide basic patient care or treatments, including administering prescribed medications; work as part of a team to assess resident needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions; must hold and maintain active state licensure; must have effective communication skills and be able to relate professionally and positively to residents, physicians, government regulators, incoming visitors and associates at all levels; must maintain regular and punctual attendance. Work for a facility that truly appreciates all you do. Full and Part time positions with the option for benefits available. Up to a $2000 sign on bonus. Hiring subject to proof of licensure, successful background check, reference inquiry and drug screen. Qualified and interested candidates may forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or 143 N Fullerton St., Ainsworth, NE 69210.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Consignments items are now being taken. Tasler Auction Service is now taking consignments for their “Boy Toy” auction that will be coming up October 3. The deadline for advertising is September 1st. Call Mike at (402) 340-1821. Some items include guns; sporting goods; horse tack and toys. Also taking consignments for their monthly Hay Auction. Hay, grinding hay, alfalfa and cornstalk bales. The next Hay Auction is Friday, September 5.
LOST & FOUND:
* Found: Someone left prescription glasses at the Ainsworth Thrift Shop. The glasses are purple in color with crystals on the side. Brand name: Skeechers. Call (402) 387-0801.
* Lost: Cell phone at the Ainsworth football soap scrimmage last Friday night. Call (402) 322-1057.
* Found: Small size football in front of fireworks stand, east of the Ainsworth City Office. Identify and claim at office of KBRB.
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Fiberglass pickup topper, sung fit, great shape. This topper came off of a 1996 Dodge full size pickup. Call (402) 497-2832.
* Cats: They can be an inside or outside cats. Good mousers and would be great cats for a country home. Call (402) 387-0536.
* Workers are needed to help make macaroni salad for the Labor Day weekend BBQ on Friday morning, 9 a.m. in the Community Hall at the Brown County Fair Grounds.
* Horse Show this Saturday, August 30, 8 a.m. at the Brown County Fair. It is an OPEN Horse Show. If you have any questions call Sara Cole at (402) 387-0647 or (402) 382-8019. During the Horse Show there will be a best dressed horse contest. This is for ages 18 and under. There will be prizes and money given. Information is in Brown County Fair tab that was mailed out in the Pioneer Advertiser on August 13. Once again feel free to call Sara Cole if you need any more information. We just really want to stress that this is an OPEN Horse Show.
* Please do not park in front of the Royal Theater on Wednesday, September 3, Thursday, September 4 and Friday, September 5 during installation of the theater seats.
* Bassett/Rock County Tire Amnesty Days on Thursday, September 25 and Friday, September 26, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. City lots at the corner of Highway 20 and Wilson Street. Only pre-registered tires will be accepted at the site. Register your tires at City Hall with Veta, (402) 684-3338. Only taking the first 200 ton. Accepted: Tires from households, farms, ranches and non-tire retail businesses. Must be a Rock County resident.
* Tyler and Debra Rosner of Gulfport, Miss., are the parents of a baby boy, Peyton Jackson Rosner, born Aug. 21 at the Keesler Air Force Base. Peyton checked in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces. He will be welcomed home by brother, Bentley. Grandparents are Dave and Barb Crooker of Long Pine.
*Get Well Card Shower for April Finley. Cards can reach her at: April Finley, Room: E736, Bryan East Memorial Hospital, 1600 S 48th St., Lincoln, NE 68506
* Card Shower for Bee Graff. Cards can reach him at: George (Bee) Graff Room 3296, Good Samaritan, 10 E 31st St, Kearney, NE 68845
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. Aaron is a United States Marine stationed at Okinawa, Japan. (Updated address June 27, 2014).
PFC Goodloe Aaron D.
HqBn3d Mar. Div.
Data Unit 35900
FPO AP 96382-5900
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated address - Nov. 12, 2013).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. An 2003 Ainsworth High School graduate. Brendon is in the Army. (Updated Nov. 12, 2013.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Drive
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is back stateside and is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (updated address-Oct. 11, 2013)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
* Address for Jared Lentz, a 2012 Ainsworth High School graduate. Jared is in the Air Force and currently stationed at a base in Italy. (November 14, 2013)
A1C Jared T. Lentz
PSC 103 BOX 954
APO AE 09603-0010
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-November 14, 2013). Drake is in the Air Force.
A1C Drake Fiala
821 Connecticut #80
Holloman AFB, NM 88330-9069
* Updated address for Justin Imm, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-October 21, 2013). Justin is in the Navy.
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Logan Baragar: (updated address: November 14, 2013)
SPC Baragar, Logan
10334 4th Armored Division Rd.
1-71 Cav. Bravo Troop
Fort Drum, NY 13602-5150
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated address-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Mitch Cobb (Army): July 23, 2010
Private Mitch Cobb
APO, AE 09226
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated address - November 14, 2013)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Sgt. Alan Papstein
180 Indian Terrace
Burlington, IA 52601
* Updated address for Anderson, Patrick J. (Army) (November 14, 2013). Stationed in Afhganistan.