Weekday Mornings: 8:50 a.m. on KBRB AM
1400 and FM 92.7
phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on
Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three
for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items
listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on
this Web site at no extra charge.
* Help Wanted: GJW and Sandhills Elite Genetics Feed Mill is now hiring full time and part time feed truck drivers. Must have Class A CDL. This is a great career opportunity in the Ainsworth area as it offers flexible work
schedules, competitive pay, exceptional benefits to full time employees that includes retirement plan, paid leave and health insurance benefits. If you’re a hard worker, reliable and dedicated, call 382-3333 or stop by the office at 300 North Main Street in Ainsworth today for your application to come work for this progressive and expanding company.
* Help Wanted: New Year. New Career! With sign on bonus and great benefits available. The Nutrition Services Department at the Rock County Hospital in Bassett is looking to fill a full time or part time position for a nutrition services cook/aide. This position is for the morning shift. Sign on bonus, holiday pay, vacation, sick leave, retirement, health, vision and dental insurance. For more information please contact Jina Wright, Nutrition Services Manager at the Rock County Hospital in Bassett by calling 684-3366. You can stop in to fill out an application in person, or you can apply online at www.rockcountyhospital.com. Come see what it’s like to be a part of a legacy of caring at the Rock County Hospital in Bassett, Nebraska.
* Help Wanted: a full time cook position is now available at Cottonwood Villa in Ainsworth. Training provided on sight. Fun work environment. Competitive wages and benefits are available. If you are interested in applying for the full time cook position, please call Ann Fiala at 387-1000 or stop in and visit with Ann at Cottonwood Villa in
* Nurses Help Wanted: Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility! The Sandhills Care Center Nursing Home in Ainsworth is looking for part time and full time RNs, LPNs and CNAs. Negotiable starting wage, pay differentials and a benefits package is available. For a full job description and qualifications or to submit your resume, please contact Stephanie Rucker by calling 387-1294 OR email
email@example.com. You can fill out an application on line by going to www.sandhillscarecenter.com. Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility!
* Volunteers Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center is always on the lookout for volunteers! You get to set your own hours and times, they just like to know a little in advance so they can plan accordingly. You can help with
activities, plan your own activity, play music, sit outside, or just go to rooms and visit. Anything volunteers are willing to do – the Sandhills Care Center staff is happy to accommodate. If you have an ideas or any questions please call Macey at the Sandhills Care Center, phone 387-1294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Housekeeping/Laundry Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth is seeking to fill positions in housekeeping and laundry. Full time and part time positions are available. For a full job description please contact Stephanie Rucker by calling 387-1294 OR email email@example.com. You can fill out an application on line by going to www.sandhillscarecenter.com. Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility!
* For Sale: 3 AKC black Labrador puppies. They are cute,
cuddly and ready just time time for Christmas. 2 female and
1 male. Asking $400 each. Call 387-1542. Please leave a
* The Bassett Housing Authority
provides affordable, safe housing to qualifying families
and individuals. They offer spacious family units as
well as 1 bedroom apartments all furnished with stove,
refrigerator, washer and dryer. Utilities paid, snow
removal, lawn care and maintenance included. Income
guidelines do apply. To be put on the list as units
become available or for more information call The
Bassett Housing Authority at 684-3329. Their party room
is available to the public for rent, very reasonable at
just $15. So if you need a convenient venue to hold a
meeting or a party call The Bassett Housing Authority to
reserve the date for their party room. Again that
number is 684-3329. Deb is in the office Tuesdays,
Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If no answer, please leave a
message and she will get back to you.
has office space
available for rent. Our offices would provide a great
setting for your business. For more
information or to set up a time to view the available
rental space, call 387-1400.
* Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Services: Freshen
Up for Fall - At Kent's Auto Detailing in Valentine,
their awesome service extends into your home, your
office, even your campers. They take clean to the
next level offering carpet and upholstery cleaning right
here in Ainsworth, Bassett, Springview and the entire
surrounding area as well as Auto Detailing in Valentine
at 837 West B Street. To schedule an appointment
call 322-1422. Kent's Auto Detailing - Where they
care enough to do their best!
* TK Angus 32nd
Annual Fall Bull and Female Sale-Monday, December 3 at the Ranch, Valentine. Lunch at Noon,
Sale time 1 p.m. Selling 20 spring 2 year old
and 200 fall yearling bulls plus 70 spring bred
females. To see the catalog go to
or call Tim 308-360-1601 or Rick 308-360-0001.
* Don’t forget for
tomorrows basketball game vs. Broken Bow – wear your
ugly Christmas Sweaters!
* Come Celebrate
Christmas with your friends at the Ainsworth Sr.
Center, because they are whipping up a delightful
Christmas Dinner and you’re invited! It only happens
once a year, so don’t let it pass you by. Make your
reservations today to ensure your spot at Christmas
Dinner which will be held on Wednesday, December 19
at noon. A traditional Christmas feast so you’re
sure to feel right at home. Please RSVP by Monday by
calling 387-0777 if you plan on attending. Christmas
dinner will be served at noon this Friday. The
Public is welcome and urged to attend and to wear
your favorite Christmas Sweater!
* If you have passion
for barbecue – get ready to take your grilling to
the next level with Pitmaster Select hardwood
smoking pellets! They’re 100% hardwood, no
artificial anything. Why settle for less? Buy the
smoking pellets specially blended for competition
cookers. 7 flavors on hand NOW, get a 20 lb.
RESEALABLE bag for just $13.08. Nothing makes
grilling tastier. For your Horizon hard wood
pellets and now Pitmaster select hardwood smoking
pellets for grilling, call Duane Pfister at
760-1532. Also available at AJ Feeder Supply in
* The Old Feed Store
Art Center at 104 Clark St. in Bassett is open
Monday evenings from 4 until 7 p.m.; Wednesdays from
10 a.m. until 2 p.m.; Friday evenings from 4 until 7
p.m.; and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until noon.
Make sure to keep watch on their Facebook page and
stay tuned for new and exciting happenings.
* Looking for local talent volunteers:
The Activities Department at the Sandhills Care Center is
looking for entertainment for Friday afternoons. This could
include but is not limited to one-man bands, groups that play
instruments, singers, piano players, etc. Any volunteers that
would be willing to provide entertainment to the residents. If
you or someone you know may be interested, please call Macey at
387-1294. As always – if you have a special talent, are a member
of an organization or would just like to spend some time
volunteering please contact Macey in activities to get something
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Start your success today with Northeast Community College.
Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help.
Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College
has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and
your future. Visit
you already have some basic knowledge of the wheel and looking
to improve your throwing skills? This class is for you! Practice
and refine simple forms and explore more complex shapes. Basic
techniques to throw cylinders, cups, bowls, and more are
demonstrated. Various methods of surface decoration and glazing
are also explored or expanded upon depending on your skill
level. Tues. and Thurs., 6-8 pm at Ainsworth High School Art
Room. Instr. Adcock $105
This course is an introduction to Medicare. This course will
define the impact of the Medicare program from its inception to
present day. At the conclusion, you will have a firm
understanding of the rights, benefits and options of this
healthcare option. You will be able to make an educated decision
on the various supplemental health plans available. Tues., 11:30
am-1 pm at ESU #17 Technology Center. Inst. Bales $15