Weekday Mornings: 8:50 a.m. on KBRB AM
1400 and FM 92.7
phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on
Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three
for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items
listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on
this Web site at no extra charge.
* Help Wanted: Rock County is now accepting applications for an employee in the roads department. Applicants must possess a valid Class A CDL or be able to obtain one immediately upon employment. Hiring is subject to a
satisfactory pre-employment drug test. Application forms must be obtained from the office of the Rock County Clerk and be returned to the Clerk no later than 4 p.m. on September 28, 2018. The Rock County Clerk, 400
State Street, PO Box 367, Bassett, NE 68714. If you have questions or for more information call 684-3933.
* Help Wanted: Looking to hire a house keeper. Weekly position, pay is negotiable. Call 387-1868 and leave a message or 382-8840.
* Benefits for all of the Farmers Ranchers Co-op positions listed below include: Health insurance, Life insurance, AFLAC Supplemental available, Pre-Tax Cafeteria Plan, 401k plan, Cooperative Retirement Plan, Employee Bonus Plan, Sick Leave, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Employee Discounts, Clothing program, and Employee discount.
* Help Wanted:Farmers Ranchers Co-op has a CDL Position at the Feedmill. The feedmill delivery person responsibilities involve warehouse operations, deliveries, service, maintenance and safety, and other duties as assigned by management. The feedmill delivery person will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative. Contact Farmers Ranchers Co-op at 387-2811 or online at www.frcoop.com/careers.
* Help Wanted: Farmers Ranchers Co-op has a Station Service Specialist position available at Valentine Mr. Tire. To sell and service farm, truck, and automotive tires; and to sell, distribute, and market lube oil and related products; and to provide auto mechanical service in a manner that will optimize the cooperative's market share and savings, improve the cooperative's efficiency, help achieve the cooperative's mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. Experience is preferred for this position. Contact Farmers Ranchers Co-op at 387-2811 or online at www.frcoop.com/careers.
* Help Wanted: Farmers Ranchers Co-op has an CDL position in Agronomy available. The agronomy delivery person and plant attendant's responsibilities involve plant and warehouse operations, deliveries, service, maintenance and safety, and other duties as assigned by management. The agronomy delivery person and plant attendant will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative. Contact Farmers Ranchers Co-op at 387-2811 or online at www.frcoop.com/careers.
* Help Wanted: Farmers Ranchers Co-op has a position opening for a Custom Applicator. To blend, deliver and apply plant food and crop protection products; conduct soil testing; improve customer-cooperataive relations in a manner that will optimize the cooperative's market share and profitability, improve our efficiency, help achieve our mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. Contact Farmers Ranchers Co-op at 387-2811 or online at www.frcoop.com/careers.
*Help Wanted: Farmers Ranchers Co-op has an appliance service technician position available. This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain customer's appliances and HVAC units. This will be done in a manner that will optimize the cooperative's market share and savings, improve the cooperative's efficiency, help achieve the cooperative's mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. As an Appliance Repair Technician, you will have the opportunity to repair Washers and Dryers, Gas and Electric Stoves, Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Trash Compactors, Garbage Disposers and other home appliances in the customers' homes. The appliance repair technician will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative. For more information or to apply in person please contact our Appliance Center at 224 S. Main St., Ainsworth, NE 69210.
* Help Wanted: Farmers Ranchers Co-op has a part-time opening for store clerk at the Ampride. This job would include evening shifts and some weekends. This is a great opportunity for additional income or those needing nontraditional hours. For more information or to apply, stop by the Ampride in Ainsworth along Highway 20 or go to www.frcoop.com/careers. If you have any questions call Peggy at 402-387-0144.
* Help Wanted: Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility! The Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth has immediate openings for part time and full time CNAs. Competitive wage,
night/weekend differentials, 12 hour shifts. For more information call Chelsea Hladky at 387-1294 or fill out an application online by going to www.sandhillscarecenter.com.
* Help Wanted: The Brown County Sheriff’s Office in Ainsworth is now accepting applications for a full-time deputy position. Applicants must be a US Citizen, 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent, have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions, be of good moral character, have a valid drivers license, and be in good physical condition. Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays. Nebraska certification is preferred. All applicants must pass a background check prior to an offer of employment. Benefits include uniform
allowance, paid insurance, vacation and sick leave, take home patrol vehicle and county retirement program. Applications can be obtained at the Sheriff’s Office or by calling 387-1440.
* Help Wanted: Full time Medication Aide position is available at Ainsworth’s Cottonwood Villa. Training is provided on site! Competitive wages and benefits too. For more information stop in and Visit with Ann Fiala or call 387-1000. Full time Medication Aide position is now available at Ainsworth’s Cottonwood Villa.
Work wanted: Senior accountant with over 25 years
experience as a controller, Senior Financial System Analyst,
Senior Accountant, Senior Inventory Accountant and an
accounting manager is seeking a full time position with a
reputable company. Specialties include but not limited to
process and procedure development, general ledger work;
month-end, quarter-end and year-end process:
reconciliations, reporting, implementing software, data
scrubbing, payroll, inventory, manufacturing accounting and
sales tax reporting. Computer skills include but not limited
to Windows, Microsoft Excel and other office products, Pivot
Tables, Automated Data Processing, project tracking, a
variety of enterprise resource planning systems, certify
travel and expense management software and Centriq
Software. If your company needs an experienced accountant,
please call Tracy at 497-2017.
* For Sale: Border collie puppies. 2
male, 1 female, 10 weeks old. They have had their shots and
have been wormed. They are already working cattle. Call
308-730-9222 or 308-547-2431.
* The Bassett Housing Authority
provides affordable, safe housing to qualifying families
and individuals. They offer spacious family units as
well as 1 bedroom apartments all furnished with stove,
refrigerator, washer and dryer. Utilities paid, snow
removal, lawn care and maintenance included. Income
guidelines do apply. To be put on the list as units
become available or for more information call The
Bassett Housing Authority at 684-3329. Their party room
is available to the public for rent, very reasonable at
just $15. So if you need a convenient venue to hold a
meeting or a party call The Bassett Housing Authority to
reserve the date for their party room. Again that
number is 684-3329. Deb is in the office Tuesdays,
Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If no answer, please leave a
message and she will get back to you.
has office space
available for rent. Our offices would provide a great
setting for your business. For more
information or to set up a time to view the available
rental space, call 387-1400.
* Services: Gene Day will
sharpen blades and chains during the fall and winter
months so if you need any blades sharpened or your chain
saw chains, Call Gene at 382-5488.
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Services: Freshen Up for
Fall - At Kent’s Auto Detailing in Valentine, their
awesome service extends into your home, your office,
even your campers. They take clean to the next level
offering carpet and upholstery cleaning right here in
Ainsworth, Bassett, Springview and the entire
surrounding area as well as Auto Detailing in Valentine
at 837 West B Street. To schedule an appointment call
322-1422. Kents Auto Detailing – Where they care enough
to do their best!
* The Joe and Wilma Andrews Antique and
Moving Auction will be held this Sunday at the O’Neill National
Guard Armory, 635 North 4th Street. Sale time is 10 a.m. This
is a life long collection – 2 rings may run so you’ll want to
make sure to bring a trailer, bring a friend and be on time. Log
www.mmauctionsllc.com and make plans now to be in O’Neill
this Sunday. M&M Auctions of O’Neill in charge.
* Items are now being accepted for the 10th
Annual Riders Unite for the Fight Against Cancer Event coming up
Saturday, September 29. Post Ride events including the
free will donation supper and silent and live auctions will be
held that evening at the Johnstown Community Hall. To
donate silent or live auction items please contact Becky
760-0111 or Myki 967-3055.
* Ainsworth’s 2nd
Comprehensive Plan Community Meeting will be held
Tuesday, September 18 at the Ainsworth Conference
Center, 606 East 4th Street. Topics include
demographic data, housing data and annexation
This meeting is hosted by the City of Ainsworth and
Miller and Associates. Everyone is welcome to
* Become a part of the
Sandhills Care Center family – sharing meals,
outings and activities – like Bingo night. Everyone
is welcome to come and join the residents for Bingo
this coming Wednesday evening from 6:30 until7:30
p.m. Each game costs a quarter – drinks and
refreshments provided. They look forward to seeing
you for Bingo Wednesday, September 19, 6:30 p.m. at
the Sandhills Care Center, 143 North Fullerton in
Ainsworth, proud to put
* Old Fashioned Pie and
Ice Cream Social – The treats are on us! This Sunday
afternoon absolutely everyone is welcome to come
join the fun at the Ainsworth United Methodist
Church. Come and go as you wish! Stop in
anytime from 3 until 5 p.m. and enjoy an afternoon
treat of pie and ice cream. There will be seating
both indoors and out. There will also be fun and
games for all ages – volleyball, corn hole, hula
hoops and more so come get in on some good old
fashioned family fun at The Ainsworth United
Methodist Church this Sunday, pie, ice cream, fun
and games from 3 until 5 p.m.. Event sponsored
by UMC Family Ministries.
* Sandhills Sage is
having a fall opening the next two weekends.
Celebrate ‘Amore Autumn’ with Sandhills Sage in
Johnstown. Beautiful and unique décor and furniture
to bring the wonder of fall into your home.
September 22 and 23 and the 29 and 30. Hours
will be Saturday 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday 1
until 5 p.m. Be watching for a sneak peak with
picture coming soon to the Sandhills Sage facebook
page. The ladies have the place full of amazing
items. Something for everyone at Sandhills Sage with
‘Amore Autumn’, come enjoy all the beauty of fall
and get into the spirit of the season to make your
home or office gorgeous. Remember, no restrooms on
* The Bassett Livestock
Auction’s Cowboy Up Triathlon is Saturday, September
29, registration is Friday night the 28 at 6 p.m. at
the Bassett Country Club supper will be available
and the auction begins at 8. Make sure to get your 3
man team entered in a hurry! Entry fee is $300.
Team members can either rope on horseback or pen
steers with their 4 wheeler or side-by-side. So–
whether you like to rope or not so much – There IS a
division for you. PLUS Trap Shooting and a 9 hole
team scramble. Steak Supper Saturday evening for
participants. Teams will be flighted off combined
scores and numbers of entries. To get entered call
the Bassett Livestock Auction at 684-2361 OR Jake
Maurer 822-0080 or Shane Kaczor 336-7011.
* The Old Feed Store
Art Center at 104 Clark St. in Bassett is open
Monday evenings from 4 until 7 p.m.; Wednesdays from
10 a.m. until 2 p.m.; Friday evenings from 4 until 7
p.m.; and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until noon.
Make sure to keep watch on their Facebook page and
stay tuned for new and exciting happenings.
* Looking for local talent volunteers:
The Activities Department at the Sandhills Care Center is
looking for entertainment for Friday afternoons. This could
include but is not limited to one-man bands, groups that play
instruments, singers, piano players, etc. Any volunteers that
would be willing to provide entertainment to the residents. If
you or someone you know may be interested, please call Macey at
387-1294. As always – if you have a special talent, are a member
of an organization or would just like to spend some time
volunteering please contact Macey in activities to get something
CONTACT INFO FOR
SANDHILLS CANCER FUND:
Sandhills Cancer Fund 10th Annual Riders
Unite for the Fight Against Cancer Event is coming up Saturday,
September 29. Pre-Ride Golf Tournament will be held Friday,
September 28 at the Ainsworth Golf Course. Post Ride Events will
be held at the Community Hall in Johnstown.
To donate silent or live auction items please contact:
Becky 760-0111 or Myki 967-3055.
To sign up for the golf tournament call the Ainsworth Golf
For the Rides:
Sandhills Iron Horse Riders: Penny Waits, 382-8152.
Trail Ride & ATV/UTV: Diette Glen, 382-8106.
Sandhills Car Club: Phil Fuchs, 382-1044.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Puppies to give away:
Live-Love-Wag Pet rescue is fostering 7 puppies
needing homes as well as their mom, these adorable
pup’s are ready for their forever families. Call
387-2526 or 393-8173 for more information or to see
* To give away: Pears.
Call 387-2144. Jean Stenka, 237 North Park Street,
Ainsworth. In the back yard.
* Start your success today with Northeast Community College.
Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help.
Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College
has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and
your future. Visit
ACRYLIC PAINT POUR.
and learn the fun technique of acrylic paint pouring. In this
class you will learn how to mix acrylic paint, silicone, and
mediums to create a one of a kind marbled canvas. You will also
learn how to use the "skin" to create a charm for a necklace or
keychain. Tues. and Thurs., 6-7:30 pm at Ainsworth High School
Art Room. Inst. Adcock $45
9-11 (ARTS5163/18F) CRN#60442
CONVERSATIONAL SPANISH I.
This is a beginning
course especially designed for you, who have not had any
previous exposure to the Spanish language. Designed to help the
novice develop basic vocabulary and good pronunciation skills.
This course focuses on practical, real-world language with an
emphasis on oral communication. Ideal for business or pleasure.
Mon., 7-8 pm at ESU #17 Technology Center. Instr. Johnson $40
you already have some basic knowledge of the wheel and looking
to improve your throwing skills? This class is for you! Practice
and refine simple forms and explore more complex shapes. Basic
techniques to throw cylinders, cups, bowls, and more are
demonstrated. Various methods of surface decoration and glazing
are also explored or expanded upon depending on your skill
level. Tues. and Thurs., 6-8 pm at Ainsworth High School Art
Room. Instr. Adcock $105
This course is an introduction to Medicare. This course will
define the impact of the Medicare program from its inception to
present day. At the conclusion, you will have a firm
understanding of the rights, benefits and options of this
healthcare option. You will be able to make an educated decision
on the various supplemental health plans available. Tues., 11:30
am-1 pm at ESU #17 Technology Center. Inst. Bales $15