Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* For Sale: a pellet burning fireplace insert. It’s in excellent condition. Must sell so it’s priced way below cost. Asking only $250.00. Call 402-387-2212.
* For Sale: a 12.5 horsepower engine for a riding lawn mower. Brand new, never been on a mower. Also a brand new C Farmall starter that's never been on a tractor. Call 402-722-480. Also Gene Day will sharpen blades, chainsaw chains and knives too. His shop is open from noon until 5 or 6 p.m. daily. Again that number 402-722-4480.
* For Sale: a 2008 Whirlpool black electric kitchen stove with ceramic top. Works great. 30” wide, 36” tall and 26” deep. Asking only $300 or best offer. Call Crystal at 402-822-0068. If no answer, please leave a message.
* For Sale: a Brother Fax Machine/Copier. Works Well. $50. Call KBRB Radio, 402-387-1400.
* Make this coming winter a little more bearable – give yourself some space with Ainsworth Rents. Ainsworth Rents offers clean, dry and affordable storage units that give you 24/7 access. Small and large units are now available for rent as well as a portable unit and dirt, dust and rodent proof storage containers too. No damage by dust or mice so you can feel good about storing even your most precious belongs. Fall is a great time to exercise those organizational muscles, get those items cleared out that need put away for the winter and be clutter free. Call Ainsworth Rents to inquire about your great value storage options, phone 402-382-5045.
* For Rent: a 4 bedroom, 1 bathroom home in Long Pine with unattached garage. Call 402-382-0086.
* KBRB has office space available. Anyone interested in office space can contact Graig Kinzie at 387-1400. KBRB’s rental rates are extremely competitive, and all utilities are included.
* Looking for: 2 tickets to the Nebraska vs. Minnesota Football game coming up November 5. Call 402-760-2770.
* Help Wanted: Farmers Ranchers Cooperative is searching for great people who have a passion for agriculture, their community and quality products and service. If you’ve been thinking about a career change: one that is rewarding and offers great benefits - now is the time to go online and check out www.frcoop.com/careers to learn more about the many opportunities available to you through the Farmers Ranchers Coop. If you need more information on employment opportunities feel free to contact Matt Sheehan or Bryce Hasenohr for more information by calling 402-387-2811.
* Help Wanted: The City of Ainsworth is currently accepting applications for a part-time sanitation worker. Application forms may be picked up from the city office, 606 East 4th Street. The City offers competitive wages and the position will remain open until filled. For More information call 402-387-2494. The City of Ainsworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Help Wanted: Little Paws Preschool is looking for an individual to work as a Co-Teacher in Ainsworth. Starting wage is $9.50 per hour. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life and Vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, EAP, Cafeteria Section 125, retirement and 9 paid holidays. This individual will work 40 hours per week, mid August to early May each school year. Qualified individuals must possess: a high school diploma or equivalent; a valid Nebraska Drivers License; at least 12 semester hours of Early Childhood college course work or be willing to obtain as well as a working phone. They prefer prior experience working with preschool age children. This individual will work in a classroom with children ages 3-5, complete daily planning, cleaning and paperwork will be required. If you need an application or assistance in applying, please contact Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership, Inc. Human Resource Department at 308-745-0780 ext. 105. Applications must be received by noon on October 26, 2016. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of applications.
* Plains Equipment Group is hiring a parts sales representative and agricultural mechanics in Ainsworth. To learn more about the positions, visit the Plains Equipment Group website at www.plainseg.com or stop by the store and visit with Chris Raymond. Plains Equipment Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The Nebraska Department of Roads is accepting applications for a highway maintenance worker in Ainsworth. For a full job description, visit www.statejobs.nebraska.gov or stop by the Ainsworth Department of Roads Maintenance Yard at 736 E. Fourth St. The starting wage for this position is $15.03 per hour. State applications are required and must be received by Tuesday, Oct. 18. Applicants must apply online at www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. The Nebraska Department of Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Help Wanted: Sandhills Care Center is seeking qualified, licensed RNs, LPNs and CNAs to join their team. If you strive to make a difference in the Long Term Care community – join them! Competitive wages and a developing benefit package is available. Full or part time, night and day shifts are available as well as weekend/night pay differentials. If interested, please call Administrator Stephanie Rucker at the Sandhills Care Center at 402-387-1294 or fill out an application online by going to www.sandhillscarecenter.com.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Turn your used equipment into cash. BigIron is now taking consignments for upcoming sales. Online auctions every Wednesday. Call Logan Leonard your area BigIron representative at 402-925-8184 to consign.
* Saturday, October 22 is the Dale and Dorrinda Ellwanger and Guest consignors sale at the Stuart Auditorium beginning at 9:30 a.m. Then Sunday is a Ranch Retirement Auction beginning at noon – From east edge of Stuart 7&1/2 miles south on county blacktop, ½ mile east, ¼ mile north. Roads will be marked. To see the sale bills and pictures too for either or both of these sales just log on to Atkinson Livestock dot com, then scan down to Tasler Auction Service.
* It’s Finally Here! You’ve waited a whole long year for it to come back around and now it’s time for the Zion Lutheran Church turkey supper and bazaar, Wednesday, October 19. These amazing talented folks have put together a bazaar that is absolutely loaded with baked goods and craft pieces! Bazaar opens at 4. Then the delicious turkey supper with all the homemade extras that are sure to hit the spot will be served from 5 until 7:30 p.m. Adults $10. Children 10 and under, just $5. They will be doing deliveries again this year for the shut ins and elderly, get those orders phoned in by calling 402-387-1512 before 4 p.m. that number again is 387-1512. Take outs available too, but you must go through the serving line to fill them. Mark your calendar NOW! Don’t miss out on the event of the year…Zion Lutheran Church turkey supper and bazaar, Wednesday, October 19. Bazaar opens at 4, turkey supper serving from 5 until 7:30 p.m.
* Come celebrate the season of bounty this Thursday evening, October 20 as the Springview United Methodist Church will be hosting their annual Harvest Home Dinner and Auction at the Springview High School Gym. A FULL Thanksgiving feast, by free will donation, complete with turkey and dressing, ham and all the trimmings – delicious dishes that utilize the season’s best will be served from 5 until 7 p.m. Included will be a full salad and dessert bar and those always delicious homemade pies! The Auction is set to begin at 7 p.m. which includes something for everyone. Tasty homemade treats, hand made items, gift baskets, quilts, toys plants, furniture and more. Come help celebrate this beautiful season at the annual Harvest Home Dinner and Auction this Thursday in Springview. Everyone is welcome.
* A 90th Birthday is a true milestone! Come Help Ben Burdick celebrate this special occasion at his 90th Birthday Bash this Saturday evening in Johnstown at the Community Hall. Everyone is welcome to come have chicken strips and fries served from 5 until 7 p.m. followed by live music. Kick back and enjoy Good ‘ole country music with Mike Baxter, Dan Carson and Crew. They’ll begin playing at 7 p.m. that evening. Celebrating a milestone birthday like 90 certainly deserves a party – so don’t miss it. Come help Ben Burdick celebrate his 90th this Saturday night in Johnstown.
* Ainsworth Municipal Golf Course is offering renovation tours – this Saturday, stop out anytime from noon until 2 p.m. and check out the changes that have been made to the course. After the tours stick around for Husker Football! Watch party begins at 2:30 PLUS there’s a steak fry Saturday night. Check out the renovations, cheer on the Huskers and dive into a thick juicy steak. Its all this Saturday at the Ainsworth Municipal Golf Course.
* The Long Pine American Legion wants to send out an invite to everyone to join them for supper this Saturday, October 22 they are serving Lamb Fries, Steaks and burgers along with baked potatoes, coleslaw and a whole lot more. Don’t miss out on delicious food with excellent prices, great people and lots of fun. Head to the Long Pine American Legion for Lamb fries, steaks and burgers Saturday night, October 22. Serving from 5:30 until 7:30 p.m. The public is invited and welcome to attend.
* Calling all Cadets! The Sandhills Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol is looking for new members. If you are ages 12-18 and are interested in leadership, aerospace, flying planes, radio operations, all while volunteering and serving your community now is the time to join. An open house will be held at the Long Pine Rural Fire Hall on Monday, October 24 at 7 p.m. The mobile ground tracking vehicle will be available with demos of radio operations, ELT tracking and other emergency services equipment. Parents are asked to attend with their children, as there will be information for them as well. If you have any questions, please contact Senior Member Rob Dugenske at 402-273-4022. See you at the Open House!
* Ready. Set. Glow! Runners and walkers are welcome to join the Brown County Hospital for an evening filled with glow fun. The Glow Run is coming up Friday, October 28. It’s a 5K run, 1 mile walk. Registration starts at 8 pm at the Ainsworth Family Clinic, race starts at 8:30 p.m. There is NO registration fee. Costumes are welcome. Don’t miss this one of a kind night time experience that is less about how fast you run and more about enjoying your friends and family. So come, light up the night…go on the Glow Run – its an event designed for people of all ages and athletic ability and it’s brought to you by The Brown County Hospital – Quality in Community Healthcare.
* The 7th Annual Hometown Holiday Vendor Fair is Saturday, October 29 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. in Springview, vendors stretched from the Keya Paha County High School Gym to the Grade school Multi-purpose room. Mark your calendars!!!
* The Rock County FFA members are selling Fruit and also Amish Candy! They’re offering apple varieties, oranges, clementines, grapefruit, pears, pineapples and also have two variety options. NOW….the Amish candy – homemade candies direct from Hershberger Bakery – peanut cluster fudge, reeses, turtles, mints and much more! Gifts of fruit and candy are one size fits all so place your orders through any Rock Co. FFA member or by calling Ann Dvorak at 402-684-3411 or cell 402-925-8432. Please leave a message if no answer. Money from this fundraiser is used to send FFA members to leadership workshops, conventions and contests. The Rock Co. FFA thanks you for your continued support.
your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your
academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the
great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that
fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Classes like (pick
a class from list)
October Non-Credit Courses
HOW TO EFFECTIVELY USE FACEBOOK. Come and learn what you don’t know about the world’s largest social media network. In this workshop we will cover how to use and maintain a Facebook page, including understanding Facebook privacy policies and settings. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop or mobile device and have your Facebook account created before class and know your login information. Tues., 5:30-6:30 pm at ESU #17. Instr. Beel $10
October 11 (INFO5155/16F) CRN#60476
HOW TO USE GMAIL AND GOOGLE CALENDAR. This hands-on workshop will allow you to become more acquainted with Google Mail and Google Calendars. You will have the opportunity to explore and apply mail labels, and explore additional mail settings; create and share calendars, create calendar events, and add fun calendars. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop and have your Google account created before class and know your login information. Tues., 5:30-6:30 pm at ESU #17. Instr. Beel $10
October 18 (INFO5215/16F) CRN#60478
QUICKBOOKS I. This course is an introduction to Quickbooks. Its main objectives are to introduce you to the basic features in QuickBooks and to give you an opportunity for hands-on practice. You’ll learn about the types of information you need to track in your business or on the job, and you’ll see how to enter that information and track it in QuickBooks. Wed., 6-9 pm at Rock County High School Computer Lab. Inst. Foster $30
October 19 (/ACCT5100/16F) CRN#60492
INTRODUCTION TO GOOGLE APPS. This hands-on workshop will allow you to become more acquainted with Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets and Google Forms. We will explore as deep into these apps as time allows. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop and have your Google account created before class and know your login information. Tues., 5:30-6:30 pm at ESU #17. Inst. Beel $10
October 25 (INFO5215/16F) CRN#60479
QUICKBOOKS II. Discussion will include dealing with inventory, collecting and paying sales tax, payroll, customization of forms, and year-end documents. This class is recommended for students with a basic understanding of Quickbooks, and/or those who have attended Quickbooks I. Wed., 6-9 pm at Rock County High School Computer Lab. Inst. Foster $30.
October 26 (ACCT5300/16F) CRN #60493
ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY. Here's the opportunity to enjoy the art of photography. Learn how to use your camera to produce a work of art using some of the artistic principles used by the old masters. Move beyond snapshots and become a serious photographer with instructor Tom Prouty. Bring your camera, know all its features and use your camera like an artist uses his paintbrush. Mon., 6:30-9:30 pm at Keya Paha County High School Computer Lab. Instr. Prouty $30
October 17 (ARTS5105/16F) CRN#60384
LOST & FOUND:
* Lost: a black, orange and green boys sketcher shoe size 13&1/2. Lost at Rocktoberfest. Came home with a 13 and a 13&1/2 so they just got mixed up with someone elses. If your son came home with mismatch sizes, please call 402-684-3984 and leave a message.
TO GIVE AWAY: