Mornings: 8:50 a.m. on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise
Please note: We do
charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one
announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business
rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items
broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* Help Wanted: Central Valley Ag, Ainsworth is looking for motivated individuals to join their team. Current openings include a full time applicator, seasonal operations, truck driver and customer service specialist. CVA offers highly competitive wages, sign on bonus, matched 401k and coop retirement plans, paid time off, Blue Cross/Blue Shield
health insurance and also vision and dental insurance! If you would like more information please call Ben at Central Valley Ag, phone 387-1062 or Ben’s cell at 760-2051. You’re also more than welcome to stop in at the office located East of Ainsworth at the Junction of Hwy. 20 and 183.
* The Nebraska Department of Transportation is currently accepting applications for an auto/diesel mechanic in Ainsworth. For a full job description visit www.statejobs.nebraska.gov or the Ainsworth Yard at 736 East 4th Street. State applications are required and must be received by January 28, 2019. Applicants must apply on-line at
www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. Starting wage for the position is $18.60 per hour. Nebraska Department of Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Help Wanted: The Brown County Hospital, named a top 100 critical access hospital in 2018 is now accepting applications for a full-time maintenance position. Candidates with general knowledge of building maintenance
techniques and experience with tools, machinery, plumbing, electrical, welding, basic carpentry and HVAC preferred. A competitive benefit package is offered. If interested in this opportunity, please contact Lisa Fischer or Corey Schroedl by calling 387-2800. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You can fill out an on-line application at www.browncountyhospital.org.
* Help Wanted: The Bassett Livestock Auction has an immediate full time position available for a maintenance person. Applicant must be self motivated, responsible and hard working. Working with cattle is a given, but will also be over seeing maintenance of the entire facility. Housing is available, if needed, to the right applicant. For more information or to apply for the full time maintenance position call the Barn at 684-2361.
* Help Wanted: The Bassett Livestock Auction has an immediate part time position available for a cleaning person. Great way to add more dollars to your New Year on your clock. For more information or to apply call Christy
at the Bassett Livestock Auction, phone 684-2361.
* Lunchtime Solutions, Inc., a leader in the food service management industry, is currently seeking applications for a talented “Kitchen Helper” to become a part of our food service operations team in the school district of Ainsworth, Nebraska. Come join our team and the opportunity to make a difference! We offer a schedule with no nights, no weekends, and no holidays. We also offer competitive compensation, a retirement savings 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and paid time off. Responsibilities include assisting with kitchen duties such as assisting the cook, serving, food preparation, kitchen cleanup and other duties assigned by the kitchen manager. Qualified candidates must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, dependability, and a desire to work in a team-focused environment. Qualified applicants should call Charlene Smith at 712-898-5224 or apply online at www.lunchtimesolutions.com/application-for-employment-with-lsi/ Lunchtime Solutions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran. EOE-M/F/Disabled/Vet.
* Help Wanted: The Nebraska Department of Transportation is currently accepting applications for a Construction Tech II in Ainsworth. For a full job description and to apply, visit www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. State applications are required and will be accepted on-line until Wednesday, January 23. For more information, please call 402-387-2471. The Nebraska Department of Transportation is an Equal Opportunity and Veterans’ Preference Employer.
* Help Wanted: The Ainsworth Golf Course is seeking a Clubhouse Manager for the 2019 Golf Season. Employment would be from April 1 through September 30. Clubhouse Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the clubhouse
including but not limited to: placing orders, managing and training employees, preparing meals, hosting social and golfing events. Manager must be self-motivated, organized, a team player and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays. Resumes can be sent to: Ainsworth Golf Course, PO Box 252, Ainsworth, NE 69210. If you have any questions or for more information call 760-0728 or 760-1183.
* Nurses Help Wanted: Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility! The Sandhills Care Center Nursing Home in Ainsworth is looking for part time and full time RNs, LPNs and CNAs. Negotiable starting wage, pay differentials and a benefits package is available. For a full job description and qualifications or to submit your resume, please contact Stephanie Rucker by calling 387-1294 OR email
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can fill out an application on line by going to www.sandhillscarecenter.com. Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility!
* Volunteers Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center is always on the lookout for volunteers! You get to set your own hours and times, they just like to know a little in advance so they can plan accordingly. You can help with
activities, plan your own activity, play music, sit outside, or just go to rooms and visit. Anything volunteers are willing to do – the Sandhills Care Center staff is happy to accommodate. If you have an ideas or any questions please call Macey at the Sandhills Care Center, phone 387-1294 or email email@example.com.
* For Sale: a “Life-Pro” infrared Quartz fireplace and a
new Kenmore electric stove with self cleaning oven. Same
party also has Western books for sale. Call 760-2260 for
* For Sale: a 2007 Honda VTX 1800 Motorcycle. Just
24,5000 miles. Black in color. LOTS of chrome, leather
saddle bags, Vance and Hines exhaust. Call 760-0600.
* For Sale: Jiffy Legend Model 31 8” 3HP ice auger, runs
great. Also for sale 4 used Yokohama Geolander Tires G95
P225/55R17s 95H and a Johnson 8 HP outboard boat motor, like
new. For any or all of these items call
* Home for Sale: a nice, move in ready home at 550 North
Maple Street will be available for sale soon. Located in a
nice neighborhood, the home features three bedrooms and one
bathroom on the main level, with a large finished basement
with half-bath. Newer refrigerator and stove are included.
The heating and air system has been recently upgraded. The
home also features a fenced in back yard with trees in the
front and back yards and a 2 vehicle attached garage. To
make an appointment to view, call 308-360-3399.
* The Bassett Housing Authority
strives to provide affordable, safe housing to
qualifying individuals or families. The facility has 4 -
3 bedroom units; 2 - 2 bedroom units and 14 – 1 bedroom
apartments. Stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer provided.
Rent includes paid utilities, snow removal, lawn care
and maintenance. Income guidelines do apply and
background check performed prior to admittance. For
availability call 684-3329. If no answer, please leave
message. Deb Weidner is in the office Tuesdays,
Wednesdays and Thursdays. Tenant meetings including
breakfast are held the first Thursday of every month.
The public is always invited to join the tenants in the
party room for dominoes on Tuesday afternoons, cards or
games on Friday afternoons and cards on Sunday
afternoons at 2 p.m. Party Room is available for rent
for a very reasonable fee of $15 and just $20 to rent
the entire building. If you’re looking for a great place
to live with no upkeep, call 684-3329.
has office space available for rent. Our offices would
provide a great setting for your business. For more
information or to set up a time to view the available
rental space, call 387-1400.
* Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Services: Freshen
Up for Fall - At Kent's Auto Detailing in Valentine,
their awesome service extends into your home, your
office, even your campers. They take clean to the
next level offering carpet and upholstery cleaning right
here in Ainsworth, Bassett, Springview and the entire
surrounding area as well as Auto Detailing in Valentine
at 837 West B Street. To schedule an appointment
call 322-1422. Kent's Auto Detailing - Where they
care enough to do their best!
GARAGE SALES &
21: The 21st Annual Joseph Angus Ranch
bull sale, Monday, January 21, 1pm at
the ranch 30 miles southwest of Winner
South Dakota. Selling 110 fall
Angus yearling bulls and 50 coming 2
year old bulls. Social hour following
the completion of the sale at the
Peppermill in Valentine. For more
information call Roger 605-557-3277
* January 24: The 58th Annual Marcy
Cattle Company sale, Thursday, January
24, 12:30 p.m. Mountain time at the
Gordon Livestock Auction.
Selling 40 2 year old and 160 yearling
Angus bulls. For more information
www.marcycattlecompany.com or call
January 24 will be the Allen Bowman
Estate, Real Estate Auction. 160 acres
+/- of combined pasture and cropland
located a mile and ½ south of Spencer
will sell at 1:30 sharp at the Community
Hall, 108 West Main
Street in Spencer, Nebraska. Learn more
* January 26-Minnie Creek
Angus Annual bull sale on
Saturday, January 26, 1 p.m.
at the ranch 8 1/2 miles
North of Johnstown on Norden
Avenue. Selling will be 30
yearling Angus bulls. Lunch
will be served at 11 a.m.
For more information call
Arvin 722-4259 or 382-0043
or find Minnie Creek Angus
Angus-3rd Annual Production sale will be
held on Friday, January 25 at the Tri
State Livestock in McCook-1pm. Lunch
served at Noon in the Chuckwagon.
Selling will be 94 yearlings and 16 18
month old Angus bulls and 24 registered
replacement heifers. For more
information go to
www.rugglesangus.com or call Jeff
308-340-8831 or Kelcy 308-340-4108.
Cattle Company-Annual Angus bull sale
will be held on Tuesday, January 29 at
the Atkinson Livestock Market in
Atkinson-1pm. Selling will be 50 coming
2 year old Angus bulls. For more
information or to request a catalog call
Albert Epperly 540-537-7458, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or go to
www.ADRcattle.net. You can also
find ADR Cattle on facebook.
* February 1-Dan Clapper
will be selling 37 yearling
Angus bulls on Friday,
February 1, 1p.m. at the
ranch 9 miles west of
Ainsworth and 15 miles south
on Moon Lake Avenue.
Complimentary lunch served
at Noon. For more
information call Dan Clapper
* February 2-7th Annual Bartos/Frederick Angus Bull sale. This is an
online only sale
with bidding at
house at the
February 2. Any
questions or for
340-1039 or Jemi
358-1470 or go
* February 4-Mike Sitz Angus
Ranch will be selling 76 top
coming 2 year old bulls on
Monday, February 4, 1 p.m.
at the Burwell Livestock
Auction. For more
information call Mike Sitz
308-645-2273 or go to
view a catalog.
* February 5-Babcock Angus
“A Family Tradition” annual
bull & heifer sale, Tuesday,
February 5, 1 p.m. at the
ranch south of Long Pine.
Selling 48 yearling bulls
and 11 open heifers. Lunch
served at Noon. Storm date
is February 7. For more
information call Bill
273-4290, Kyle 273-4522 or
Ashley 382-5571. Also, find
Babcock Angus on Facebook.
* Ainsworth residents
and property owners are reminded that they are
required to remove snow or ice accumulations from
public sidewalks and ramps to crosswalks within 24
hours (after the snowfall has ended) and business
owners are allowed 5 hours. This is just a friendly
reminder from the City of Ainsworth - please be a
good neighbor and keep your sidewalks free of snow
and ice so they are safe for pedestrian travel.
* Become a part of the
Sandhills Care Center family – sharing meals,
outings and activities – like Bingo night. Everyone
is welcome to come and join the residents for Bingo
this Wednesday evening from 6:30 until 7:30 p.m.
Each game costs a quarter – drinks and refreshments
provided. Make sure to mark your calendars and save
the date: Friday, January 25 is a tea party at 3
p.m. in Celebration of National Hot Tea Month. On
Thursday, January 31 they
will be having a free will donation soup supper
fundraiser with serving from 5 until 7 p.m.. Silent
Auction will be up for bidding that night as well –
final bids taken at 6:55 p.m. We look forward to
seeing you for Bingo Wednesday evening at the
Sandhills Care Center, 143 North Fullerton in
Ainsworth, proud to put “people first”.
* The Ainsworth Post
Prom Silent Auction Bake Sale will be held this
Thursday during the Ainsworth vs. Valentine
basketball games. Bidding will open at 4:30 P.M. and
will close at the end of half time of the boys game.
There is always tons of wonderful homemade baked
goods, treats and snacks up for grabs so don’t miss
out on your chance to take home some yumminess and
at the same time – support the Ainsworth Post Prom.
* Build your own spud –
just the way you like it! The Ainsworth FFA invites
you to come to a potato bake fundraiser this
Thursday evening at the Ainsworth Community Schools
cafeteria. They will be serving the potato bake
supper from 5 until 7:30 p.m. Just $5 for an all you
can eat 1 trip which includes your drink. So come
and enjoy a hot potato with all your favorite
toppings for supper and cheer on the bulldog
* Power Up for your
week with an All You Can Eat Breakfast at the Holy
Cross Catholic Church in Bassett! It’s a Community
Wide event – absolutely everyone is welcome and
invited to attend. The All-You-Can-Eat Breakfast
fundraiser will be held this Sunday, January 20,
serving will be from 9 until 11:30 a.m. This is your
chance to come and enjoy a delicious, piping hot all
you can eat breakfast in the great company of family
and friends. Adults just $7. Age 13 and under $3,
age 5 and under eat for free! Don’t miss All You can
Eat Breakfast this Sunday, 9 until 11:30 a.m. at the
Holy Cross Catholic Church in Bassett.
* Now that you have the
ring on your finger, you’re going to want to start
the hunt for your dream dress. Needles and Pins
right here in Ainsworth carries beautiful bridal
gowns and special occasion dresses to outfit the
bride, mother of the bride, mother of the groom,
flower girl and wedding guests too! Stop by and
browse the Needles and Pins showroom, not only will
you be blown away at the selection, your giving your
locally owned store the first shot at your business
and that is very much appreciated. Expert
Alterations and personal shopping service from
Needles and Pins,
327 North Main in Ainsworth, phone 387-1970. Make
sure to check out their Facebook Page.
* Stay warm and cozy
all winter long and SAVE! The COAT SALE is ON now
through January 31 – ALL coats are just $1 at the
Brown County Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop on Main
Street in Ainsworth. They ALWAYS carry a great
selection so stop in and shop and make sure to take
advantage of $1 coats through January at the Thrift
Shop on main street in Ainsworth.
* The City of Ainsworth
reminds pet owners that pet’s need to
be licensed by January 31. A certificate of rabies
vaccination from a veterinarian must be provided.
Licenses may be purchased from the Ainsworth City
Office on Hwy. 20. Again – Pet licenses are due by
January 31. If you need more information call the
City Office at 387-2494.
* The Old Feed Store Art Center at 104 Clark St. in
Bassett is open Monday evenings from 4 until 7 p.m.;
Wednesdays from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.; Friday
evenings from 4 until 7 p.m.; and on Saturdays from
9 a.m. until noon. Make sure to keep watch on
their Facebook page and stay tuned for new and
for local talent volunteers: The Activities Department at the
Sandhills Care Center is looking for entertainment for Friday
afternoons. This could include but is not limited to one-man
bands, groups that play instruments, singers, piano players,
etc. Any volunteers that would be willing to provide
entertainment to the residents. If you or someone you know may
be interested, please call Macey at 387-1294. As always – if you
have a special talent, are a member of an organization or would
just like to spend some time volunteering please contact Macey
in activities to get something set up!
* To give away: a 60”
upright color tv – on wheels, RCA brand, works
excellent. Call 382-5488.
* Jenn and Rick Marlatt of Wood Lake are the
parents of a baby boy, Gavin Douglas Marlatt, born at 2:32 a.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 15, in the Cherry County Hospital. Gavin checked
in at 8 pounds, and measured 20 inches in length. Grandparents
are Doug and Deb Weiss of Ainsworth, and Tim and Kim Marlatt of
Wood Lake. Great-grandmothers are Donna Lee Marlatt of Long
Pine, and Joanne Grantham of Chadron.
* Start your success today with
Northeast Community College. Whatever your academic or career
goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes
Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your
budget, your schedule and your future. Visit