Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* For Sale: a 2013 John Deere 726e snow blower, 9 horsepower, excellent condition. It’s only been used 3-4 times and has always been garaged. Asking just $800 or best offer. Call Mark at 402-760-2568.
* KBRB has office space available. Two of our four rental spaces are currently occupied, but anyone interested in office space can contact Graig Kinzie at 402-387-1400. KBRB’s rental rates are extremely competitive, and all utilities are included.
* Looking for work: if you need help on the ranch, or your operation, Bill Graff would be interested in coming to work for you. He is also looking for a place to board horses. So if you could use a hired hand, or if you would be interested in boarding some horses, please call Bill at (402) 376-8009.
* Looking for: a nice 4 drawer file cabinet.
(Would prefer white, black or gray) if you have one you would be
interested in parting with please call/text Angie VonHeeder at
402-376-4534 or Lori at 402-387-1400.
HOUSE FOR SALE:
PRICE REDUCED: Home located at 1306 E. First St., 1,464 square-feet, three bedroom, 1-1/2 bath home with a large living room, dining room, large kitchen with numerous cupboards, laundry room with pantry, natural gas heat, central air, extra-large heated two-car garage, and a single detached garage. For more information or to view, call Connie Dillon 760-1399, Marty Graff 760-1679, or Kathy Burchell 387-2399.
* Help Wanted: The Rock County Hospital, Long Term Care in Bassett now has full time and part time CNA positions available. They offer an excellent wage and benefits package too. Day and night shift positions are available. Come see what it’s like to be a part of a legacy of caring. If you are interested or have any questions about joining the caring team at the Rock County Hospital Long Term Care please call Brittany Heyden at 402- 684-3366.
* Help Wanted: Madison’s Great Western of Ainsworth is looking for yard help and also straight truck drivers. Both full time and part time positions are available, apply in person by stopping in at Madison’s Great Western, located 1 mile west of Ainsworth, just south of the Coop.
* The Nebraska Department of Roads is accepting applications for a construction tech II in Ainsworth. Starting wage is up to $16 per hour. For a full job description, and to apply, visit the web at www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. State applications are required and will be accepted online until Tuesday, Feb. 16. For more information, call 402-387-2471. The Nebraska Department of Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The Farmers-Ranchers Cooperative is accepting applications for employment in the Ampride Store on Highway 20 in Ainsworth. The coop is looking for individuals to help run the counter, stock shelves, prepare food, clean and work with the coop's great customers. Training is provided. Stop by any cooperative location or fill out an online application at www.frcoop.com/careers. Contact Peg Graham at 402-387-0144 or email email@example.com with any questions.
* Beck's Well & Irrigation, Inc. a full-service water well-drilling contractor and a full-service dealer for Reinke Center Pivots, is looking to expand its team of employees. Qualified applicants need to have a valid driver's license with insurable driving record, a CDL driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 12 months, the ability and desire to work in an outdoor environment, the ability to do physical labor, the ability to speak and understand the English language, and the ability and desire to learn how to operate construction equipment of all types, including cranes, backhoes, skid loaders, and telehandlers. Compensation packages includes an hourly wage of between $12 and $20 per hour depending on skills, education, and experience, time and a half paid for all overtime hours each week, health insurance premium assistance of up to $625 per month, a 401K retirement program with employer match of 4 percent, two weeks of paid vacation, and one week of sick leave. Applicants may apply in person in the office 2 miles west of Ainsworth on Highway 20, email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a resume to:
Beck's Well & Irrigation, Inc.
PO Box 27
Ainsworth, NE 69210
* Plains Equipment Group is accepting applications for agricultural technicians in Ainsworth. The positions include performing basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment. Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment is required. Applications can be completed online at www.plainseg.com. Plains Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* The Mike Sitz Angus Ranch annual production bull sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 1, in the Burwell Livestock Market. Selling will be 80 top coming-two-year-old angus bulls. For more information, visit the web at www.mikesitzangus.com
* The annual Babcock Angus bull sale scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 2, has been postponed until noon Thursday, Feb. 4, beginning with lunch at the ranch 26 miles south of Long Pine. Selling will be 35 AI-sired Angus bulls. For more information on the sale, contact Kyle at 402-273-4552 or Bill at 402-760-0788.
* The 29th annual Dickau Angus production sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 3, in the Bassett Livestock Auction. Selling will be 120 coming-2-year-old registered Angus bulls. For more information or a catalog, call Ed at 402-244-5454 or Matt at 402-684-3282.
* The annual Dan Clapper production bull sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 5, at the ranch 9 miles west of Ainsworth on Highway 20, then 15 miles south on Moon Lake Avenue. Selling will be 43 yearling Angus bulls. All buyers will be entered in a drawing for a calf warmer with turbo heater. A complimentary lunch will be served at noon on sale day. For more information, call Dan Clapper at 402-387-2667.
* The Upstream Ranch will hold its annual production sale at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 6, at the ranch north of Taylor on Highway 183. Selling will be 325 horned and polled Hereford bulls and 40 registered Hereford bred heifers. Go online to www.upstreamcattle.com for videos and catalogs. The auction will also be broadcast on rural TV and DV Auctions.
* The 13th annual Logterman Family Hereford and Angus production sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, in the Valentine Livestock Auction. Selling will be 90 Hereford and 110 Angus bulls along with 20 bred Hereford heifers. For more information, call 605-429-3209.
* The 39th annual Koupal Angus bull sale is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15, at the ranch 3 miles south of Dante, S.D. Selling will be 175 yearling Angus bulls and 25 aged bulls.
* The annual Minert-Simonson Angus Ranch production bull sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 20, at the ranch near Dunning. Selling will be 140 January-February yearling bulls. For more information, contact Lowell Minert at 308-539-9010 or J.W. Simonson at 308-538-2548.
* Lashley Land Brokers of North Platte will conduct an auction of 444 acres of pivot-irrigated farmland, 135 acres of pivot-irrigated grass, and 882 acres of rangeland in Brown County at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, in the Peppermill at Valentine. Three tracts will sell. For more information or to request an illustrated brochure, call Mike at 308-532-9300 or visit them on the web at www.lashleyland.com.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* To give
away: a little black kitten. Call 402-387-2612 OR 402-387-0144.
* Shaggy Dog Grooming will NOT be open Wednesday, February 3 but will
be open on Thursday, February 4 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. If you need to
make an appointment call Marge at 402-244-5480 or at Shaggy Dog
* Sack Sale today and tomorrow from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. at the Brown
Co. Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop on Main Street in Ainsworth.
* You’re not ready for the big game until you’ve visited Ainsworth’s
Husker Meats. If you like brats you’ll love the Swedish Potato Sausage,
get em now…Big Game Special is just $4.49 per lb. They’re like a brat –
only bigger. Speaking of brats – they’ve got em at Husker Meats as well
as man sized burgers – all pattied up and ready to go. And of course
steaks too. Flat Irons are on Big Game special for just $4.99 per lb.
Make all the right plays and score winning prices at Husker Meats,
located just North of Ainsworth on Old 7. Open 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Phone
402-382-3663, that’s 382 Food.
* At TeamMates – they’re witnessing positive outcomes. The Teammates mentoring program isn’t just for a certain group of youngsters – Teammates is here to help and encourage ALL YOUNGSTERS! So come help support this great program and make sure you come hungry. This Thursday evening, February 4 head to the Pizza Hut in Ainsworth for the Benefit Buffet. Fill up on pizza, pasta, breadsticks and of course as much freshly prepared salad as you like from their unlimited salad bar. Serving will be from 5p.m. until 8 p.m., that’s this Thursday, February 4 at Ainsworth’s Pizza Hut. Proceeds go to the Ainsworth Teammates program.
* Everyone is welcome to attend an Open House in honor of Erma
Denny's 90th Birthday coming up Saturday, February 6 from 2 p.m. until 4
p.m. at the Rock County Long Term Care in Bassett.
* Stay active and be part of the team! Ainsworth Youth Sports is
getting prepped to kick off 1st and 2nd Grade Boys and Girls Basketball.
Cost is just $15 – Tshirt Provided. Ainsworth Youth Basketball focuses
on skill development and fundamentals as well helping young ball players
to improve their skill set and better understand the game. The
enthusiasm around Ainsworth Youth Sports is contagious! So come have fun
and get to be a better basketball player! To register call or text Katie
* KBRB invites everyone to attend an open house to tour the new
studios at 356 South Main Street. The Open House will be held from 1
p.m. until 6 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24th. Refreshments will be
served. KBRB DOES have office space available. Two of our four rental
spaces are currently
* Allen and Kelsi Schueth of Ewing are the parents of a son, Corver Lee Schueth, born at 7:44 a.m. Monday, Jan. 11, in Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital at O’Neill. Corver weighed in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces. He joins brothers Corbin, 4, and Caden, 2. Grandparents include Harv and Janice Devall of Bassett. Great-grandmother is Marcella Maurer of Bassett.
* Address for Austin Beard. Austin, a 2014 Rock County High School graduate, is in the Navy and is currently stationed in Bahrain. (Updated May 14, 2015)
* Address for Jared Lentz, Jared is in the Air Force and stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo. Jared is a 2012 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (Updated March 8, 2015).
SrA Jared T. Lentz
1205 Vest Drive, Unit A
Warrensburg, MO 64093
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated - March 23, 2015)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Contact Alan through his family.
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. (United States Marine Corps stationed at Okinawa until May 2016). Updated Dec. 12, 2014.
LCpl Goodloe, Aaron
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated - November 6, 2014).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. (Army) (Updated November 6, 2014.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Dr.
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, Drake is in the Air Force. (updated-November 6, 2014).
SrA Drake Fiala
116 Abigail Lane
Panama City, FL 32404
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Updated address for Patrick Anderson, (Army) - (updated, November 6 2014). Patrick is Stationed in at Fort Hood, TX.
P.O. Box 405
Killeen, TX 76540