Previous obituaries can be viewed by the following links: 2017 Archives, 2016 Archives, 2015 Archives, 2014 Archives, 2013 Archives, 2012 Archives, 2011 Archives, 2010 Archives, 2009 Archives, 2008 Archives, 2007 Archives, 2006 Archives, 2005 Archive
* Funeral service is pending for Russell Moody, 69, of Ainsworth. Russ Moody died Tuesday, Jan. 16, at Norfolk.
* Funeral service for Loretta J. “Bubs” Coleman, 83, of Norfolk formerly of Bassett, will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 24, in the Bassett St. Peter Lutheran Church with burial in the Bassett Memorial Park Cemetery. Bubs Coleman died Wednesday, Jan. 17, in the Homestead of Norfolk Assisted Living Facility. Visitation is scheduled from 5 until 7 p.m. Tuesday in Hoch Funeral Home of Bassett, and one hour prior to the time of service Wednesday in the St. Peter Lutheran Church. Survivors include children Dave Coleman and wife Cheri of Colorado Springs, Colo., Bryan Coleman and wife Bobbi of Bassett, and Cheri Heimann and husband Steve of Norfolk; eight grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and other family members. In lieu of flowers, memorials have been suggested to the St. Peter Lutheran Church or to the Sandhills Cancer Fund.
* A time of gathering for memories, food and Pinochle for Jerome A. “Jerry” Koszut, 74, of Ainsworth, scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 21, has been postponed to a later date due to the weather. Jerry Koszut died Jan. 6 in the CHI Health Good Samaritan Hospital at Kearney. Survivors include his wife Myrna Jakob of Ainsworth; daughter Katie Koszut of Avondale, Ariz.; two grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; step-children Allen Jakob and wife Susan of Marshfield, Mo., and Amy Jo Sassatelli and husband Tom of Waco, Texas; four step-grandchildren; brother-in-law Dr. Melvin Campbell and wife Sherry of Ainsworth; sisters-in-law Nina Johnson and husband Blaine of York, Anita Hempel and husband Dick of Ainsworth, Lori Ganser and husband Tim of Ainsworth, and Arlene Koszut of Orland Park, Ill.; and nieces, nephews and other family members. In lieu of flowers, memorials have been suggested to the Live-Love-Wag Pet Rescue of Ainsworth.
* Funeral service for Lyle Lemmer, 81, of Atkinson, Jan. 19, in the Atkinson Presbyterian Church with burial in the Woodlawn Cemetery. Lyle Lemmer died Jan. 15 in the West Holt Memorial Hospital. Survivors include his wife Jeanie Lemmer of Stuart; children Sonja Martens and husband Tom of Edina, Minn., and Stephanie Lemmer and partner Kevin Leven of Fort Collins, Colo.; four grandchildren; and sister Vivian Otteman of Washington, D.C.
* Funeral service for Chaeley J. Ruegge, 17, of Johnstown, Jan. 19, in McAndrew Gymnasium of Ainsworth with burial in the O’Neill Cemetery. Chaeley Ruegge died Jan. 11 from injuries suffered in a two-vehicle accident east of Ainsworth. Survivors include parents Dave and Jenne Ruegge of Johnstown; siblings Clint Ruegge of Brownlee, and Nicole Fischer and special friend Tyler Johnson of Ainsworth; grandmother Gloria Ruegge of O’Neill; grandparents Phil and Kris Adsit of East Troy, Wis.; a nephew and other family members.
* A memorial service for Clarence G. Cafferty, 88, of Kearney formerly of Long Pine, Jan. 18, in the Kearney Faith United Methodist Church with burial in the Kearney Cemetery. Clarence Cafferty died Jan. 14 in the Mother Hull Home at Kearney. Survivors include children Lisa Robison and husband Dave of Green River, Wyo., and Marsha Nelson and husband Dennis of Kearney; sister Lorraine Mason of Kearney; six grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
* Funeral service for Robert Woodson, 74, of Valentine, Jan. 17, in the Valentine First Baptist Church with burial at in the Kilgore Cemetery. Robert Woodson died Jan. 11 in Ainsworth. Survivors include his wife Chari Woodson; and children John Woodson, Lisa Woodson and Bill Woodson.
* Funeral service for Marilyn L. Gokie, 81, of Atkinson, Jan. 15, in the St. Joseph’s Catholic Church of Atkinson with burial in the St. Joseph’s Catholic Cemetery. Marilyn Gokie died Jan. 13 in the Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital at O’Neill. Survivors include her husband Donald Gokie of Atkinson; children James Gokie and wife Patty of Atkinson, Jeffery Gokie and wife Cathy of Columbus, Janell Rossman and husband Truman of Atkinson, and Jillyn Kratochvil and husband Chris of Omaha; 11 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
* Funeral service for Evelyn D. Moody, 84, of Ainsworth, Jan. 15, in the Ainsworth United Methodist Church with burial in the Ainsworth Cemetery. Evelyn Moody died Jan. 6 at Phoenix, Ariz. Survivors include sons Donald Moody and wife Lisa of Collins, Iowa, and Bradley Moody of Pilot Mound, Iowa; daughters Linda Moody of Ceresco, and Lydia Moody of Phoenix, Ariz.; seven grandchildren; one great-grandson; brother William Stufft and wife Roberta of Albuquerque, N.M., and Francis Stufft and wife Haroldine of Stromsburg; and nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A memorial service will be held at a later date for Roger A. McCoy, 72, of Ainsworth. Roger McCoy died Jan. 9 in the Brown County Hospital.
* A memorial service will be held at a later date for Lester D. Stufft, 80, of Ainsworth. Lester Stufft died Dec. 29, 2017, in the Cherry County Hospital at Valentine. Memorials may be made to the family and sent to daughter Shiela Barager, 233 N. Maple St., Ainsworth, or to Hoch Funeral Home at 1320 E. Fourth St., Ainsworth.
* Funeral service for Norma Jehorek, 77, of Valentine formerly of Lynch, Jan. 13, in the Assumption Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church of Lynch with burial in the Assumption Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Cemetery near Lynch. Norma Jehorek died Jan. 4 in the Pine View Good Samaritan Society of Valentine.
* Funeral service for Patricia L. Mead, 85, of Grain Valley, Mo., formerly of Ainsworth, Jan. 10, in the Colonial Hills Community of Christ Church at Blue Springs, Mo., with a graveside memorial service in the Valley Cemetery at a later date. Patricia Mead died Jan. 5. Survivors include children Kerri Booth and husband John of Liberty, Mo., Mindy Day and husband Edwin of Grain Valley, John Mead of Ainsworth, Stazie Church and husband Scott of Stanton, Texas, and Jenny Kramer and husband Jeff of Harrisonville, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
* A graveside service for Geraldine Mikus, 92, of Stuart, Jan. 9, at the Stuart Community Cemetery. Geraldine Mikus dies Jan. 3 in the Parkside Manor at Stuart. Survivors include brothers Elvin Vanderbeek and wife Alex of Stuart, Dwaine Vanderbeek of Sebeka, Minn., and William Vanderbeek of Carter Lake, Iowa; and sisters Velma Seger of Atkinson, Darlene Gantt of Stuart, and Mary Nickels of San Diego, Calif.
*Funeral service for Ileen L. Rose, 79, of Valentine, Jan. 8, in the Chamberlain-Pier Funeral Home of Gordon with interment in the Fairview Cemetery near Rushville. Ileen Rose died Jan. 3 in the Valentine Good Samaritan Society.
* Funeral service for Tim Albrecht, 56, of Atkinson, Jan. 8, in the Atkinson Immanuel Lutheran Church with burial in the Woodlawn Cemetery. Tim Albrecht died Jan. 3 in the Atkinson Good Samaritan Center. Survivors include his mother Mary Ann Albrecht of Atkinson; brothers Wayne Albrecht of Atkinson, and Richard Albrecht and wife Nancy of Atkinson; sister Alice Klabenes and husband Mike of Clearwater; aunts, uncles, and numerous nieces and nephews.